Mastermind Meets The MS441C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the going from my 1850' to your 6000' would cost us about 30psi. I also think that it's not a even loss.....in other words from here to sea level would add about that same amount because the air is so much denser. I'm just guessing though....
Thank you sir!! Never would have guessed it be that far off. Im gonna have to get down to some thick air and feel out a modded saw. I usually only go up in elevation when going for wood.
One thing I have never done is put a compression tester on a motor here and at lower elevation. I know on our race car we would never bother trying to tune here before a race it was a waste of time and money. Would just get to where we were going, go off of track notes and old tunes and rely on the FAST or now the BigStuff to auto correct and keep it close on test hits and dial it in from data. (yeah Im a technology kid... no reading spark plugs here:laugh:)

Here's a chart to show change with elevation.

Compression Test Altitude Compensation Factors

Altitude Factor
500 0.987
1500 0.960
2500 0.933
3500 0.907
4500 0.880
5500 0.853
6500 0.826
7500 0.800
8500 0.773
Thanks! That is something I was after. I know its not fool proof but it gives me something to think about at least.

It wasn't this cold all last winter. The winter before I remember it being cold like this for a week or so.

Top shelf work as always Mister! I was perusing the old trading posts threads today and came across your want add for one of these.

Glad to see you got your saw.

I ain't doing a damn thing outside right now....
I know they get these temps up north but it's rediculous to have them in the SOUTH. Local news said that the most exposure a person should have right now is the walk from the house to the car. I worked out in it all day and am still thawing out. Gonna hit it again tomorrow and get it over with. Temps gonna double the high tomorrow on WED.

My brother and I ran 4 ported 372's against the 441c randy did for me....2 were xtorques and 2 were OEM...all veryyyyyyy strong 372's. Let sjust say even the fastest 372 had no chance. The other 3 were not even in the same league. I never could come to terms with the handling of the 2 441c I had. I will say the one randy ported for me is the most impressive ported saw I have ran....and randy will tell u I have ran a bunch..lol. Randy does awesome work on all saws but the 441c's he does are unreal. Put a 8 pin 20" bar and no saw I have ever ran will not beat that saw with that combo.

ok... i cant take it any longer!!!!! it looks like ya gunna get another 441cm to port Randy!;):givebeer:

Hey Vince.......your 461 will be going out with my shipment this week. I'll probably not be shipping till late in the week though....

Hey Vince.......your 461 will be going out with my shipment this week. I'll probably not be shipping till late in the week though....
awesome cool as Randy. no probs will probably take 3 to 4 weeks to get here any ways. then i can use the same box to send back the 441. looks like the box will clock up some frequent flyer points lol

Latest posts

Back