Mastermind Meets The MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran through our neighbors garden when I was 4 years old and squished all kinds of rhubarb...

I don't see the problem. I see nice even swirls coming from each of the four transfer ports.

It looks nice and even to me as well. Jer has that "machinist's eye" though. :laugh:

Look where the left front transfer flow hits the popup edge, and instead of flowing twords the center, it diverts and flows back twords the intake. It does it on the right side as well, but u can't see it because of the glare in the pic. Normally flow twords the intake is a good thing, but look at the thickness of carbon where the back transfers flow. There was still quite a bit of fuel there during the ignition process, not in the chamber where it should be.

Then again, I could be crazy....

question to the builders ,is there a general rule of thumb for port shapes or timing if want tourque power for cutting bigger timber ,or a higher rpm screamer for making a fast hot rod for smaller stuff ?

question to the builders ,is there a general rule of thumb for port shapes or timing if want tourque power for cutting bigger timber ,or a higher rpm screamer for making a fast hot rod for smaller stuff ?

I build most of my engines with conservative exhaust numbers and a lot of compression. I like lots of torque in any engine......you can gear for more chain speed if the engine has the power to pull the gear.

I know this is an older thread but I thought I would share my opinion on why so much carbon buildup on the piston crown........from the castor oil in the Klotz. That stuff burns real dirty but is a great lubricant.

I know this is an older thread but I thought I would share my opinion on why so much carbon buildup on the piston crown........from the castor oil in the Klotz. That stuff burns real dirty but is a great lubricant.

Could be. But I also run Blendzall a lot, which is a straight castor oil, and it doesn't leave those deposits.

It is an old thread........but that Mastermind sure builds a mean 066. :D

You guys can taper your squish bands, I will taper my turds, hows that? (My best Cahoon) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

Turds should be tapered Jasha.........you know that.

Otherwise door slamming damage could and most likely would ensue. :(

I was at a spring GTG at Heavyfuels's a couple years back and I seem to remember watching a 440 make my 7900 look pretty silly. To say the least I was impressed. Seems to me, and for those of you that were there please correct me if I am wrong but that saw was built by TreeMonkey. Seems like there was a vid of that in that GTG thread.

I was at a spring GTG at Heavyfuels's a couple years back and I seem to remember watching a 440 make my 7900 look pretty silly. To say the least I was impressed. Seems to me, and for those of you that were there please correct me if I am wrong but that saw was built by TreeMonkey. Seems like there was a vid of that in that GTG thread.

Treemonkey builds a hell of a strong saw. The guy takes a back seat to no one. :msp_thumbup:

The first ported 066/660 I ever ran was a saw that Scott built. I was impressed enough to try my hand at ported saws.

Treemonkey builds a hell of a strong saw. The guy takes a back seat to no one. :msp_thumbup:

The first ported 066/660 I ever ran was a saw that Scott built. I was impressed enough to try my hand at ported saws.

That is why he has my 660 now:D

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I remember thinking or wondering what i needed this big 7900 for when that 440 made the same cut in what seemed like half the time Lol!!!

Not trying to rekindle any mud slinging here just recalling a memory

I remember thinking or wondering what i needed this big 7900 for when that 440 made the same cut in what seemed like half the time Lol!!!

Not trying to rekindle any mud slinging here just recalling a memory

I've got a 7900 that will restore your faith in humanity. And JD has one that will let you experience Nirvana. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back