Mastermind Meets The MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this soap opera before. A successful saw modder gets "poo-poo'd" on for doing us a favor and posting his knowledge, work and experience. :bang: This gets old fast. :angry:
Randy, ty very much for sharing your work with us, please continue to do so.:rock:

theres always more than one way to skin a cat and im pretty sure none of us saw builders are doing anything that hasnt been done before whether it was done on saws .rc's, mx bikes etc etc etc

Well the fact of the matter is just this.......I bought a four jaw chuck, some aluminum plate, and some all thread. I started setting up to mount a jug on my lathe the way you, Eric, and Dennis have shown it done. Well I could see that this was a large pain in the ass, and remembered Scott bragging about doing it by hand with his super secret patented "tool". I thought about it for at least 30 seconds, milled a slot in my mandrel..............

You get my meaning?????? :D

Ya, I get it. But its not as hard to setup as you might think, the first time I did it, well, the only time so far, it took me close to an hour, and that included figuring it all out, now I can say I can probably half that for the next time, since I have a little better idea which way to go, and after multiple times, I'm sure I can cut it down even more. Me I just feel better doing it on a lathe, and getting the squish band to a nice even taper, I don't know that I could get it to a perfect taper with a hand ground tool.

well randy that sounds like a problem for sure.
thats the difference between me and you, i do understand what and why i do what i'm doing.

i wish you good luck with your ventures

Well, that's very good for you, but from what I've seen your saws don't stand out anymore then any others saws. I just love people that go around telling everyone how great they are.

Oh for anyone that wants to see Treemonkey's squish cutter.

Not the greatest pic but here it is none the less.

Slot milled in the end and maybe looks like a 1/4" hss bit.

attachment.php

never heard of douchemonkey does he resemble this mugshot? i still have not figured this picture thing out but if somebody recognizes this guy feel free to post:msp_biggrin:

No need for throwing insults at Scott here guys. If he feels that I've stolen his technology and needs to vent I can handle it. I've heard that he's a damn fine guy that would help a man anyway he could. The internet just brings out the raw side of folks at times.

I'm still learning more about these little engines everyday and having a blast doing it. Being able to work in a small shop here on the place instead of having to drive all over creation building houses is a blessing for me. I just want to do a good job, and keep the folks I build saws for happy.......none of this other crap really matters.

No need for throwing insults at Scott here guys. If he feels that I've stolen his technology and needs to vent I can handle it. I've heard that he's a damn fine guy that would help a man anyway he could. The internet just brings out the raw side of folks at times.

I'm still learning more about these little engines everyday and having a blast doing it. Being able to work in a small shop here on the place instead of having to drive all over creation building houses is a blessing for me. I just want to do a good job, and keep the folks I build saws for happy.......none of this other crap really matters.

i agree with randy
this is between us and realy shoud not consern anyone else
sorry for posting

i don't like seeing people bustin on somebody else for helping other people understand how things work,i don't figure anybody here has invented a procedure that has not been done before,they might have refined it maybe,i have appreciated everything Randy has posted and i found it informative,Brad S helped me understand saw tuning which i greatly appreciated,as soon as i wear my new saws out they will go to these guys for upgrades,these guys have been a very big help to me,thanks guys:msp_thumbup:

i agree with randy
this is between us and realy shoud not consern anyone else
sorry for posting

The thing is Scott, nothing on this forum is between two people. When you post things on an open public forum for all to see, you better be ready for others to jump in, that's just the way it is. Either keep it civil or say nothing if you don't want people to pile on. Just my 2c.

wow some people get wound up over this stuff. its entertaining:popcorn:
dont sweat it randy, i got your back from about 1000 miles away:D

Randy,
Your a stand up man that many like and respect (including me). Remind me not to start a fight with you, you have to many friends it seems. lol

Btw. you have me looking for a 066/660 to send you. :rock:

Andrew

The thing is Scott, nothing on this forum is between two people. When you post things on an open public forum for all to see, you better be ready for others to jump in, that's just the way it is. Either keep it civil or say nothing if you don't want people to pile on. Just my 2c.

ya i can see that.but when the table turns you call it cheerleading.
and thats what i see you doing here.
no matter how mutch i've tryed to help you, show you, or tell you your the first to say it won't work. or can't be done.
what randy is doing is prof that what i've been doing for ten years works
he knows it and so do you

it's only 16:00 here i'm going out to cut some wood :cheers:

PS with a masterminded MS261

Latest posts

Back