Mastermind Meets The MS661 Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This jug came off the 394 I got as a project saw for Christmas. This guy needs to watch some porting videos. I bet he thought tis thing is going to be a bad a$$ lol!! Had 60 psi after he honed the piss out of it lol!!image.jpg

Gypo- You don't need to vent those runs. You need to vent the lower ends and either the ridge or the gable ends. To vent properly, the cooler air enters the lower vents and as it warms up it rises and vents out the top. This keeps the roof from icing up. However, with your steep pitch and metal roof, that is less of a concern than a shingled roof. Is your roof simply rafters or is it some sort of truss?
Doug I have 2x8 rafters at 2' centres. I'll be using 2'x4'x 4" foam insulation in roof and under the floor.
Hope its enough.

Doug I have 2x8 rafters at 2' centres. I'll be using 2'x4'x 4" foam insulation in roof and under the floor.
Hope its enough.

Any possibility of spraying the floor? I hear that urethane stuff or whatever they spray is really nice stuff for cabins in harsh climates.

Any possibility of spraying the floor? I hear that urethane stuff or whatever they spray is really nice stuff for cabins in harsh climates.
I was thinking of that, but they tell me the floor joists aren't to code. When it's up to clad I get title. Then I'll sell and do it all over again.
Btw, the coldest ever recorded here was minus 83F in Snag Yukon.

Hope its enough.
It's less than I like to see, but you have to run with what you've got. I get by with 1 1/2" of airspace above the insulation in my rafters. In my neck of the woods those rafters wouldn't make code, but I have no clue what they hit you with for snow load. Using standard polystyrene foam insulation, 4" is only about R-20, which is about 1/2 of what we like to see in Alaska. I'd seriously consider putting in 6", though. The other option is to put 6" in the rafters, leaving a 1 1/2" airspace about, then put a layer of 2" 4x8 foam insulation over the entire ceiling over the rafters. You loose 2" of head space, but a bunch more insulation.

It's less than I like to see, but you have to run with what you've got. I get by with 1 1/2" of airspace above the insulation in my rafters. In my neck of the woods those rafters wouldn't make code, but I have no clue what they hit you with for snow load. Using standard polystyrene foam insulation, 4" is only about R-20, which is about 1/2 of what we like to see in Alaska. I'd seriously consider putting in 6", though. The other option is to put 6" in the rafters, leaving a 1 1/2" airspace about, then put a layer of 2" 4x8 foam insulation over the entire ceiling over the rafters. You loose 2" of head space, but a bunch more insulation.
Not much snow here Doug, maybe 2 or 3 ft at the most.
I do have two inch foam as well, so I can add that. The rafters should have been 2x12.
I sure aint no carpenter lol.

Back