Mastermind Meets The MS661 Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would get to the point of having enough of the ****. being that this is an internet forum I would disconnect from it and spend my time doing something else. Worrying about what people think of me on an internet forum is the last of my worries.

I would get to the point of having enough of the ****. being that this is an internet forum I would disconnect from it and spend my time doing something else. Worrying about what people think of me on an internet forum is the last of my worries.

Fair enough my man , saws are brad and randys passion..both respected dudes..your not making a living porting saws..randy does and brad does it because he loves it , your a logger ? , if people went around saying you couldnt cut for **** and constantly rode you about it you would probably get tired of it and have your say..dont you think ?

All this crap between Brad and I started several years ago now.

Some of it is my fault.......and some of it is his.

I'm sure he will agree with that.

I will do what I said.......I'll refrain from saying anything about him.

You guys that ain't been here for all those years have no idea......so it's probably best to let it go.

Id hand them the saw and tell them show me how to do it better then.

Yep compression is torque, and with more torque you have more horsepower. Now with that said, yes there is a point to where more compression gets into diminished returns.

th

brad and randy,
you guys both do the same thing..
you just do it differently..
i got saws done by both of you, they all run great..
you guys combined have helped/educated 100's if not 1000's of saw nuts over the years on here and other places..
it brings the whole place down when you guys go down this road..
i ain't pickin sides here, but, i did see this coming when the whole popup thing got started..
my .02 cents
carry on..

brad and randy,
you guys both do the same thing..
you just do it differently..
i got saws done by both of you, they all run great..
you guys combined have helped/educated 100's if not 1000's of saw nuts over the years on here and other places..
it brings the whole place down when you guys go down this road..
i ain't pickin sides here, but, i did see this coming when the whole popup thing got started..
my .02 cents
carry on..
Ya but look at poor me, I got totally squeeze and bullied out of the saw building business.
When most think of me they think of a hoof rasp.
This is an outrage!

Randy I know you do not plan on doing this on every 661.... but after results like this does it make you ponder more?? I can hear the difference lol,

We are here for 2 cycle addiction in my eyes!!!!

I was gonna say, it's like Deja vu all over again! Glad U both worked it out again! No more Red Bulls for either one of you!!!

This thread is too nice to derail!

Back to shop talk, performance is one thing, but R U comfortable filling part of a port in a customer's saw???

Bret, what will a 395 piston do? How is it different?

Thanks.

The 395XP piston will fit by using a 2100XP wrist pin bearing, but the connecting rod will be able to slide back and forth. The solution to that would be spacer bushings the take up the area between the wrist pin bosses, and take the pin size down to 12mm.

Also, the crankcase would need some relieving to allow the piston skirt to travel down into it.

I think I'd rather fill in the intake floor.

Back