Mastermind Meets The MS661 Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lower.

But the skirt is longer.

I'd need to cut even more from the base to get the compression I'm after. That would put the skirt of the piston would be down in the case a right good bit.

Here's a pic of the stock piston at BDC.

Lower.

But the skirt is longer.

I'd need to cut even more from the base to get the compression I'm after. That would put the skirt of the piston would be down in the case a right good bit.

Here's a pic of the stock piston at BDC.

yea that would be a problem...for every action there is always a reaction...darn it stihl..they did this on purpose!:angry:

Gypo- You don't need to vent those runs. You need to vent the lower ends and either the ridge or the gable ends. To vent properly, the cooler air enters the lower vents and as it warms up it rises and vents out the top. This keeps the roof from icing up. However, with your steep pitch and metal roof, that is less of a concern than a shingled roof. Is your roof simply rafters or is it some sort of truss?

Sorry, lost the text, computer slow. No roof vent yet Brian.

Vented sofit is pointless if the air has nowhere to go , if you have a big enough ridge vent and vented sofit on the sides of your house it will breathe fine , my dad never puts vented sofit on gables , just gable end vents

Latest posts

Back