Mastermind Meets The MS661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this letter from Stihl, (on the internet- another forum which I won't say so I don't get banned here I hope not) anyway if this is a duplicate sorry..
Taken from other forum unable to credit--- Quote--

"Thank you for your enquiry below, I apologise for the delay in my response.
The MS661 C Chainsaw was recently introduced to the GB Market, which was developed and produced with the utmost care. Despite this care, in-house quality tests have revealed few examples of malfunctioning engines in our first production run and very small number of cases have occurred in actual use. These problems specifically relate to the satisfactory performance of the engine. I must stress that it is not a recall.
STIHL is synonymous with quality and the complete satisfaction of our customers will always be our top priority. It is with this in mind we have stopped producing this model at this time.
If your machines have been running without issue, there should not be a problem with your MS661’s in use. However should you have encountered running problems from the outset, please refer to your local Dealer who will assess the item and seek our advice.
I trust this clarifies your enquiry, however should you have any further concerns you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Claire Wells
Customer Relations Advisor" --- end quote ----

Im gonna need that 395 to spank this 661 or I'll be spending the first quarter of the new year on the couch.:ices_rofl:
This may be the 395 I sent Randy, and it's a strong running low hour saw W/Tilly Carb (old model). That said, I know it won't beat my Masterminded 390xp I recently got back at least in 28" pine.
which is the biggest log I had to test it in so far.
I'm kinda interested how it competes as well. All these are Great saws though :)

Should have read the whole thread, Different 395, You got a couple of the (at least).

Last edited:
Well, its this forum format or linkback & hacks... thanks to some a-holes in South Asia

See my new sig photo/quote for a general comment on technology.

I found this letter from Stihl, (on the internet- another forum which I won't say so I don't get banned here I hope not) anyway if this is a duplicate sorry..
Taken from other forum unable to credit--- Quote--

"Thank you for your enquiry below, I apologise for the delay in my response.
The MS661 C Chainsaw was recently introduced to the GB Market, which was developed and produced with the utmost care. Despite this care, in-house quality tests have revealed few examples of malfunctioning engines in our first production run and very small number of cases have occurred in actual use. These problems specifically relate to the satisfactory performance of the engine. I must stress that it is not a recall.
STIHL is synonymous with quality and the complete satisfaction of our customers will always be our top priority. It is with this in mind we have stopped producing this model at this time.
If your machines have been running without issue, there should not be a problem with your MS661’s in use. However should you have encountered running problems from the outset, please refer to your local Dealer who will assess the item and seek our advice.
I trust this clarifies your enquiry, however should you have any further concerns you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Claire Wells
Customer Relations Advisor" --- end quote ----

This post was the worst part of my day :(

Is Stihl forcing 661 owners to return and exchange for a new 660 or are they giving them the option to get their money back or wait for the re-release of the 661? Id be super pizzed if I wanted the Quad Port Mtron661 and got forced into 660 anchor.:chainsaw:

Back