Mastermind Not Taking New Work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten several PMs since I changed my sig.....

Here's the deal. I'm booked up with scheduled saws to do until the end of October. I just want to hold off on scheduling anything else for a few months. If someone wants machine work done, I can work that in......if you are one of my regular customers, I will work you in. I schedule 4 - 5 saws a week.......I normally end up doing 8 - 10. As you can see, I'm still doing a lot of saws. :laugh:

I'm spending a lot of time trying new things right now.......I'm rethinking all my "recipes" and finding new gains on a lot of models. Most of all, I'm having a good time with my work. It's exciting to be learning new stuff, and finding new gains after doing so many saws. I hope to never be stuck it the "that's just how it is" mode. :rock:

Here's some free advice and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. :p If you're turning work down and you're booked til October, as a business you need to do one of two things. 1) increase your price or 2) increase your production capability (hire and train some help)

I've been thinking lots about intake timing. I tested a # of jugs and I notice lots of fuel in the air filter when the intake is to low. I love finding little secrets with the aid of my dyno.
Does this mean you need more transfer or just higher intake? What numbers are you saying is too low?

Here's some free advice and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. :p If you're turning work down and you're booked til October, as a business you need to do one of two things. 1) increase your price or 2) increase your production capability (hire and train some help)
What's wrong with keeping things the same and continuing to provide a quality product. I'm sure all this is up to Randy of course. That kind of thinking is what's killing our country, hence the death of the mom&pop stores.

Spacemule is onto something - maybe Randy could hire some disadvantaged Eskimos to help out in the shop; maybe do some tear down and help out with paperwork and shipping. That would free up some of his time... :dizzy:
Shouldn't be hard to find Eskimo's before long.they should be arriving pretty soon as far south as the cold is coming.:laugh:

How many SpongeBobs would it take to et my saw done this year?

Call me........I wanna tell you off in person. :laugh:

after 30 can a feller get a free shirt? :drinkingcoffee:

I keep forgetting to ask for one everytime I come up.:lol:

After 30 saws........yeah, I think a free shirt is in order......but, you'll have to settle for an XL Steven......I'm all out of large.

What's wrong with keeping things the same and continuing to provide a quality product. I'm sure all this is up to Randy of course. That kind of thinking is what's killing our country, hence the death of the mom&pop stores.

Don't worry Numa. I've been down the "bigger is better" road before. When I had two framing crews, and 14 men, it was no longer possible for me to keep an eye on everything. Mistake were made, quality started slipping, and I wasn't making any more money at the end of the year. All I really had were more headaches.

Jon and I will just keep doing all we can do. I'm quite happy in my little shop with my son in law.

After 30 saws........yeah, I think a free shirt is in order......but, you'll have to settle for an XL Steven......I'm all out of large.

Cool. Our splitting mauls shipped yesterday by the way.:rock:

Don't worry Numa. I've been down the "bigger is better" road before. When I had two framing crews, and 14 men, it was no longer possible for me to keep an eye on everything. Mistake were made, quality started slipping, and I wasn't making any more money at the end of the year. All I really had were more headaches.
Hence, option 1. :p You don't have to go bigger if you don't want to. But, if you are getting more work than you can handle, then the market is telling you that you're selling too cheap. That is, of course, your prerogative. As price increases, demand goes down, and vice versa. There's a sweet spot to be found.

Call me........I wanna tell you off in person. :laugh:

Jon and I will just keep doing all we can do. I'm quite happy in my little shop with my son in law.

#1 LOL!!!!
#2 I wear XL!!!!
#3 BY all means, Don't get headaches if you can avoid them,,, it's especially not good when your head hurts/aches (ignore the cosmic Jackwagon) and hay those cattle as they need it!!!! Do the things that keeps MM Happy inside!!!!!
# 4 Hope you can think-up/apply some cool new bananna #'s/stuffing methodology to try on my NOS/NIB 372XPW!!!!!! Varooom!!!!!!! (When you can)
#5 & last but not least!!! The Pit will be fired up @ 0300 Saturday Morning, Made fresh Sauce last night, gonna require pics of Jon & Grand young-un with sauce on face... (MDavlee eat your heart out!!!!) Sending 1 jug to Lake Champlain!!!!

Latest posts

Back