Mastermind worksaw's picture thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
461 Mastermind laying down on the job.
suzaryry.jpg

Well.... My saw showed up today from Tennessee. This thing is a little more beat up than I remember. :laugh:

I threw a 25" bar and chain and tall clutch cover on it that I had, and swapped the top handle for a Pro Safety full wrap... And the stupid chain brake will not disengage. :mad: I'll probably switch back to the 1/2 wrap for now. :(
image.jpg

Personally I don't care for the full or 3/4 wrap on the 1122 series. Looks great......but leaves a space between the brake handle and the top cover. That setup burns the **** out of my hand.....even with gloves on.

My opinion the 064 has the best power to weight ratio of any saw I have used so why weight it down with" bling" if not necessary.
They feel like a 044 and will embarrass a 660.:laugh:

Well I got a chance to do a little cuttin with the gun pointing monkey 064!
Great power with a 32" buried. I was really wondering how it was goin to stack up against the ported 066. I think the 066 is a little stronger, but I'm also cuttin in 36" burr oak that has been in 10' logs for 3 years. Hard, dry wood. But I also cut some maple and bass wood, holy **** the 064 was fast! Even noodling a 32"
Bottom line, the 066 will wear a 32 or 36 and the 64 will sport a 28.
Awesome saw for sure, thanks Randy!

Back