May 12 and still burning!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bore_pig

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This is starting to get out of hand! May 12 and I need to go light the stove for the night. I've only had 5 or 6 days since the middle of November with no fire. :jawdrop: We're not supposed to be burning this late in the year around these parts. At least not in the house! I should be lighting the bonfire having a cold one, not lighting the stove having a cold one!:cheers: Guess I'll just have to keep cutting!:greenchainsaw:

no kidding. i have a fire going it the stove right now. Been splitting and getting ready for next year but now i am starting to use the wood for next year. Guess i'm going to have to cut more trees!:greenchainsaw:

just started another fire tonight, too. I started cutting wood for next year last month and am just about out of seasoned wood. if this deal doesnt straighten out i might have to turn on the furnace:chainsaw:

We're warming up here. I haven't lit a fire for 2 days, and even then it was only to get the morning chill out - loaded up when I started it and then let it burn down.

All in all though, it is late to be needing a fire! :D

I was out splitting next years wood aafter work today and now have a fire going to warm up house. There is no way Im buurning one more ounce of oil this season.

cool and windy all day today. I had to steal some of next years red oak to light a fire. It's probably a good thing I keep using it up though, I have a bunch of white oak coming this week and no room to store it. I just can't bring myself to turn down free wood

Yep..My boiler's still purkin. It's been frosty in the AM here almost everyday, I'm guessin it'll be june before I shut her down....

I'm waiting for some warm weather to ride my bike in to work... this is ridiculous. It's bad enough riding 18 miles at 5:30 in the morning, it's that much worse when it's only 38 degrees.

As long as it keeps going down to 40 at night I will keep the wood burning. I turned off my barn a while ago, so I only use a few logs a day heating the house and hot water.

My OWB is still burning, burning some cottonwood, popler and sassafras, filling once a day burning my junk wood. Temps still hitting the 40's at night.

Still burning here. Expect to be for the rest of the week, based on the forecase. Might not keep the fire going today, but will tonight.

Still got a half cord, started on next winter's stuff.

Been in the thirties many nights in central NH, so we've been burning each p.m., with the exception of a few nights during a warm patch a couple weeks ago. The upside for us - we have a cookstove - is we can continue to cook for free, saving the propane for hot showers. Not burning much actual wood - mostly wood chips from the woodshed from splitting and making kindling.

I would rather have the cold than all these tornadoes we keep having. Every week it's watch the skys, Then find shelter. Expecting more tonight and tommorrow. We sure don't need any more rain. The rivers and lakes are at flood stage now.

Well, if you guys are still burning wood then you are leaving a bigger and 'unnecessary carbon footprint' which will worsen 'global warming'.
Cut it out!!!
Algore has it all figured out, follow the template.
I just read last week that 'global warming' is going on a 10yr vacation, then will return again with a vengeance.

Just look at it this way, we are not running the AC yet. I would rather have to start a fire than listen to the air conditioner run all night.

Latest posts

Back