McCulloch 1-43 Bar.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnTaking

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I just picked up a McCulloch 1-43 got it running great but I want to put a big bar on it but not sure what I have to do in order for it to work. I just wanted to know what bar size it needs etc. just kind of what I need to do to use it with a new bar.

The 1-43 is not one of McCulloch's better performing models. I think you would find 24" is quite sufficient for that saw though most of them would have been sold/equipped with an 18/19" bar that was common in the day. Hardnose bars are plentiful, sprocket nose bars to fit the large frame McCulloch saws are harder to come by. Keep in mind it that model is manual oiler only so get your thumb ready.

Mark

The 1-43 is not one of McCulloch's better performing models. I think you would find 24" is quite sufficient for that saw though most of them would have been sold/equipped with an 18/19" bar that was common in the day. Hardnose bars are plentiful, sprocket nose bars to fit the large frame McCulloch saws are harder to come by. Keep in mind it that model is manual oiler only so get your thumb ready.

Mark
So I can’t put a modern bar on it?

IF I can remember I will try to dig a saw out and look at the mount/oiler/adjuster holes to see what modern bar would be best. How long are you wanting?

A D009 bar can be modded to fit a 1-43 pretty easily, but it helps if you have a D196 bar to use as a template for the mod.
Well you are correct. I dug out some old McCulloch saws Thursday and meant to post but got side tracked. I dug out a 1-50 and a 250. The 1-50 had an original Mac bar and the 250 had a modern Oregon. Now the 250 had a traditional bar adjuster whereas the 1-50 (and 1-43) use the funky half-moon adjuster. The bar on the 250 was a D196. Now I do not think you will find a D196 on 33 inch but the D096 is the same. As for a D009 that would be the easiest to find being the big Husky mount

Well you are correct. I dug out some old McCulloch saws Thursday and meant to post but got side tracked. I dug out a 1-50 and a 250. The 1-50 had an original Mac bar and the 250 had a modern Oregon. Now the 250 had a traditional bar adjuster whereas the 1-50 (and 1-43) use the funky half-moon adjuster. The bar on the 250 was a D196. Now I do not think you will find a D196 on 33 inch but the D096 is the same. As for a D009 that would be the easiest to find being the big Husky mount
Thank you for helping I will try and buy a different bar adjuster for it. If I can find the right one

As I said you can make a lot of things work with a bit of thought and ingenuity. Without it we be in the stone age with square wheels

As I said you can make a lot of things work with a bit of thought and ingenuity. Without it we be in the stone age with square wheels
I still cant find a chain adjuster so I figured id ask if you new one that would work?

Latest posts

Back