mcculloch 610 bar replacement 20"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

case55

Reaction score
Have a Mccullock 610 chainsaw and need to replace the bar. I think the replacement is a Oregon d176 but not sure. Recommend site for purchase of the bar?

Note: I measured the bar length from the tip of the bar to the saw case and got 19.5 so assume its 20"
I assume the pitch is 3/8

T

any of the site sponsers would probably be a good place to start, or if you have any local saw shops id try there too.
i just went to one of my local shops when i needed one for my PM650.

Has anybody tried modifying other bars to fit these old McBricks? I have a 650 and it drives me nuts that I need two separate bars and chains between my "regular" saws and these...by that I mean it's annoying how the McBricks need a 70dl 20" bar and the rest, a 72dl...

Small Husky K095 is a real close fit. I've used D176 on a small Husky and it oiled well.

The correct bar is D0176, same bar used on all of the 10 Series saws (1-10, 2-10, 10-10, PM800, etc.) so there are many, many bars out there that will work. Gauge (0.050, 0.058, 0.063) and pitch (3/8, .325, 3/8 LP, .404) etc. are all interchangeable so never assume that just because your saw is set up one way at the moment it has to stay that way. You can easily change the drum/sprocket to match any chain you would like to run. The 600 Series McCulloch saws did normally came with 3/8 pitch chain.

To adapt the bar from a large mount McCulloch saw you simply need the "S" type spacer or a couple of the coil spring type spacers that fit over the bar studs to fit the larger 3/8" slot.

And after all that, the same drive sprocket will work on any gauge chain. Many folks will try to keep everything set up with one common gauge and pitch to make things interchangeable but keeping a spare chain for each saw can make that a moot point.

The DL required for any chain is a combination of the length and width of the bar as well as the drive sprocket size and the spacing between the bar studs and the crankshaft. For a 20" bar many modern saws do utilize 72 DL of 3/8 but many older saws were 70. That's life.

"S" clip spacer

IMAG0426.jpg

Spring type spacers

IMAG0430.jpg

Mark

Have a Mccullock 610 chainsaw and need to replace the bar. I think the replacement is a Oregon d176 but not sure. Recommend site for purchase of the bar?

Note: I measured the bar length from the tip of the bar to the saw case and got 19.5 so assume its 20"
I assume the pitch is 3/8

T
TSC carries 20" bars and chain for McCulloch, Lowes carries bars and chain.

I have a Poulan branded 20" bar that I could sell cheap provided shipping is not a killer. It has the larger slot to accommodate the larger studs. Not sure which Mac models had those.

Back