mcculloch 797 ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up on the McCulloch and the other saws. I made a deal with the poster for the McCulloch gear drive, Homelite 1130, and what should have been a Stihl 076. We made a deal that we both agreed on and he was paid. He texted saying he had them boxed and was going to weigh them so I could send him the prepaid shipping labels. Then all of a sudden he texted and said he was backing out of the deal due to his wife. That struck me as odd as I have never heard of a wife telling a man NOT to sell saws but each person is different. I did get the money back so all I am truly out is time and aggravation. I suspect but cannot prove somebody got ahold of him with a better offer. I personally feel when a deal is done it is done but I guess others have a different opinion. I hold no hard feelings to whoever did buy them but if they are reading this thread I would like to know how the deal worked out. I hope it went well

Bill

That sucks, @Bill G. I know one thing, I'm tired of getting jerked around by ebay sellers. In the last 20 days I've received two saws that are missing parts. A Pm610 thats missing the bar & chain. & the other a 1‐80 that is missing the chain. I find it hard to believe that people "forget" to put things they just removed from the saw, in the box. The 1-80s 1/2" pitch and looked to have some life left in it. Pfft dissapointing.

That sucks, @Bill G. I know one thing, I'm tired of getting jerked around by ebay sellers. In the last 20 days I've received two saws that are missing parts. A Pm610 thats missing the bar & chain. & the other a 1‐80 that is missing the chain. I find it hard to believe that people "forget" to put things they just removed from the saw, in the box. The 1-80s 1/2" pitch and looked to have some life left in it. Pfft dissapointing.
I just mailed a bar and chain out Thursday for a Super 33. The chain would have been a bit short for what you needed. How long is the bar on the 1-80?

That is a lot of 1/2" chain. I am not telling you what to do but if it was me I would keep on the seller. I thought if you just needed a bit I could help but not that much chain

I took a look at the saw I believe you bought. It looks good. You can get a .404 gear for that pretty cheap and then run standard chain but I fully understand that is not the point at all. You did not get what you paid for and the seller needs to make it right. Generally Ebay/Paypal will assist with that.

I took a look at the saw I believe you bought. It looks good. You can get a .404 gear for that pretty cheap and then run standard chain but I fully understand that is not the point at all. You did not get what you paid for and the seller needs to make it right. Generally Ebay/Paypal will assist with that.
Oh absolutely! I hope to hear from him tomorrow. I do want to keep the big chain on it.
How were you able to see the saw?

Well since you said it was a Ebay transaction I just looked for a 1-80 in completed listings.

Gotcha. The saw is interesting in that it looks low hour, but there're some pretty localized rough areas.
Please let me know how it works out. I have zero use for getting taken for a ride. I believe things can be easily resolved with simple communication.

Back