McCulloch Bar...authenticity.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damo

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
G'day blokes,
just got a bar and chain off e-bay. Now, the question is...it's got McCulloch printed on the bar in black, at the bar sprocket end it's got arrows to tell you which way the sprocket is meant to turn ???and down the other end where the oil feed holes are, there is stamped...301590 QX. I just wanted to see if anyone knew if I can authenticate the bar. There is NOTHING else stamped on it, i.e. where it's made, the drive link gap, etc. I also got a chain with it. The chain has 320 stamped on every second drive link, but nothing else...have I been duped or did I get a good deal at $ 40 Australian ??
Cheers and beers.

Does the bar and chain in question fit your saw, for at that price it's a cheap buy, why worry about a few numbers as i imagine a lot of the newer bars and chains for the consumer saws ain't numbered to keep costs down.

Mc Bob.

Yer, it fits the saw. I was just concerned that it is some ????-cheap re-pro bar and would take my farkin' head off. Do the Chinese make bars and chain, and if so, that's what I'm afraid of !!! Thanks mate.

Back