McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best mid-size Mac ever made--in my semi-humble opinion:D

Of course, I'm biased--I learned to fell, buck, block, clear blowdown, and cuss with a Super Pro 60. I have two of 'em, one has been in the family since new and is generally my go-to saw, the other I want to restore and make it look as good as yours.

Casey

Here is the Super Pro 60 I finally got around to getting going. Click on it for larger picture, sorry I'm still trying to get this picture thing down.

At the Australian Fence Post Ripping titles yesterday we proved that they still can't catch a good Mac 125c ... 100cc and over Visually Stand class we blew them away again read as Stihl and Huskies as roadkill.
Flogged by a vintage saw come-on fellas pick ya act up as we nailed the best.

Mc Bob.

Waytago, McBob!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ModifiedMark - I laughed when the UPS guy said, "Somebody sent you a mummy." That pore lil ol' orfan S33, with tha granddaddy of all weed-whackers attached, now has a good home in CHIPPS (the Charitable Home for Indigent Pore Powersaws)... and pretty soon every elk, antelope and badger within a one-mile radius is gonna hafta watch their ankles... or their necks... I think I'll be all right strapped-in behind the handlebars with the new shoulder strap I'm gonna put on her... and the low altitude parachute... It's anything and anybody within range of the 10" buzz-saw blade on the end of that shaft that'll need to be "heads-up!"... or "heads-down!!", whichever the case may be... :hmm3grin2orange:

Roland - Yes, I see parts for the SP81 quite often... and many parts interchange with the SP80 and, I think, the 10-10's... Not sure about the jug and piston... hafta do some look-ups...

That first 2-man Mac shown in two pix a couple pages back is NOT a model 99... It's a 7-55 or one of the other later Mac 2-mans... but not a 99...

I put a new rim sprocket and chain on one of the PM610's this afternoon and cut down a HUGE old dead apricot tree. Limbed it and trimmed it and cut all millable straight sections into 4-foot and eight-foot logs. A local cabinetmaker is tradin' me oakwood, cord-for-cord for the straight pieces. All the crooked pieces of size will be firewood or carving wood. The main trunk is 30" at butt and 24" six feet up. Too heavy for me to load on the Won-Ton alone... so I left it until I can get a loader there. Still have seven more of these old dead fruit trees to take out. The orchard was planted in the early 1930's and neglected for the past 40-some years... 28 pear, seven apricot, three apple and a couple of cherries are still viable... I've been doing corrective pruning on all of them for a couple years now. The pear and apricot are sure pretty wood...

OMG, You have a way with words.
If your ever in my area with this
S33 weed wacker contraption i will
be on stilts made of steel.

Just got my first sp81e running today. 175lbs compression and converted to a standard mac cdi ignition. I have wanted to try one of these for years. Only a little heavier than a 10-10 bot with 30 more cc's yeeee-hahhhh.

Hoss, Your gonna like that SP81
I have the Pro Mac 850 which is
about the same saw.
Mine runs like a bear. I was really
surprized when i first put mine to
the wood.
To me they are the last of the good
big Mac pro saws.

Lee

just got a pro 10-10 auto

i just inherited my grandfathers pro 10-10 auto from my dad as he has two huskys of his own now. it seemed to be a good performer growing up and still starts and runs, starts hard though. after i shut it off it aint starting for a while, that one is gonna confuse me for a bit unless one of you gurus has a bit of knowledge to share. gonna get a new chain for it today and put it on the active roster. my dad sharpened the other chain so far it scares me.lol i will post pics if i can get my camera working. cant wait to get the old girl cutting. thanks for any help.

Here is my D44. Still runs too.
Picture003-3.jpg

it came with one, my dad tore it off when he broke it. wish he woulda kept the parts. cant imagine its going to be easy to find them anymore.
:givebeer: :cheers:

They pop up from time to time on ebay, and I belive it's the same as used on some of the Super Pro's. like the sp 60 for sure.

In fact I'm looking for a replacement for my sp60 myself as someone tightend the bar cover down on it without the adjuster in the hole and broke the piece out of it, over the adjuster screw. It still works this way though.

ive got a 610 that is a real worker and a 1963 440 with a 36"bar for the big stuff(when i can get the little brat too start!)there like dodge trucks low priced and good machines!:greenchainsaw:

Just got my first sp81e running today. 175lbs compression and converted to a standard mac cdi ignition. I have wanted to try one of these for years. Only a little heavier than a 10-10 bot with 30 more cc's yeeee-hahhhh.

Kinda' late to the party here.....but what did it take to convert to the CDI ignition on your SP81?

Is it just a bolt on deal, or did you have to make any modifications?

Casey

Kinda' late to the party here.....but what did it take to convert to the CDI ignition on your SP81?

Is it just a bolt on deal, or did you have to make any modifications?

Casey

Yes it is just a bolt on deal. The coil leads on the cdi are in the same orientation as the original sp81 pieces so no timing issues. Just set your coil to flywheel gap and you should be golden. It runs great and I finally had the chance the other day to run it in some big wood. I love this saw. It is quite a sleeper. Apart from the wrap handle most people would think that it was a 10-10, but I bet this would pull a 36" bar if it had to.

Latest posts

Back