McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it runs....

It is missing the rewind etc.

Gave a quick look over and parked the beast in the shed.

I'll have to find an operator....my skinny a** will be packing the oil and gas!

:cheers:

Not sure if it runs....

It is missing the rewind etc.

Gave a quick look over and parked the beast in the shed.

I'll have to find an operator....my skinny a** will be packing the oil and gas!

:cheers:

We'll leave the operating to hoss and the giant. You get the gas and I'll get the oil.:) I'm not sure on yours, but some of them old saw didn't use a recoil, just a rope wrapped around a pulley on the flywheel. Good luck with it.

That looks nice so far....Can't wait to see it when you get it done. :)

A goal far off in the distance is to do exactly that to a saw...Tear down,paint etc.

Keep us posted.

Fubar

yes Bruce, IPL stands for illustrated parts list

I guess we should do a thread for all the abbreviations:
WOT = wide open throttle
HS = high speed mixture screw
LS = low speed mixture screw
FUBAR = f (oops, I guess we all know what that one stands for!!!)

Found Under Barn Awaiting Restoration? lol

I just got a Mac 380 from my dad that he got from his dad. The last time it was started was 15 years ago. It was used to cut down a huge elm tree. It's been in the garage ever since. My dad never did like it. He said if you used it you better hang on. Thought it was too much saw. I've always wanted to see if it would run but don't know much about it. Sounds like a good project. By the way how do you post a new discussion I can't find the new thread button any where?

Last edited:
Mark,

Thanks for the offer but I beleive I'll keep it for my son. Four generations with the same saw.
I found the new thread button. I wasn't in the chinsaw home page just the regular home page thanks.
Musclenut

Last edited:
I found a nice SP81 to join my collection, but I am afraid the piston is history.
Do you Mac guys know if parts are still around for this saw in the US ?
thanks

I have a pro mac 60 ( a real runner,on the slow side compared to my stihls though) and a super 250 in need of a carb kit if anyone knows wher to get it!

I know...

If it is the Tillotson no problem, the kits are available everywhere. If it is the McCulloch Flat Back (Mac 1) then you will have to get in touch with Bob (607 638 9297). Mac kits will run you $30 and you need a little insight as the new kit from Bob is slightly different from the original kit.

attachment.php

Mark

If it is the Tillotson no problem, the kits are available everywhere. If it is the McCulloch Flat Back (Mac 1) then you will have to get in touch with Bob (607 638 9297). Mac kits will run you $30 and you need a little insight as the new kit from Bob is slightly different from the original kit.

attachment.php

Mark

mark can you tell me what mac part # that kit you show is ?

Latest posts

Back