McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minosi

minosi

ArboristSite Operative
Same fuel line for all the 10-series saws from the 1-10 through the DE-80. Only difference in some of them is that earlier ones have a felt filter that fits into a 'belled' section at the end of the line, while others take a standard 1/8" barbed 'clunk' fuel filter.

Stens 610-238 "Molded Fuel Line" replaces the stock line...should be easy to get, or at least order, locally.

Also, throw in the 80cc range "clunk" fuel filter when you replace it, let the old girl drink!

Marks right on about the spring (big shocker!), make sure you pull it out of the old line before tossing it...located on the carb side of the line. You may need to cut the old line to get to it, or small needle nose.

Nice saw btw!:msp_thumbsup:

-Andy

minosi

minosi

ArboristSite Operative
Same fuel line for all the 10-series saws from the 1-10 through the DE-80. Only difference in some of them is that earlier ones have a felt filter that fits into a 'belled' section at the end of the line, while others take a standard 1/8" barbed 'clunk' fuel filter.

Stens 610-238 "Molded Fuel Line" replaces the stock line...should be easy to get, or at least order, locally.

View attachment 291907

Also, throw in the 80cc range "clunk" fuel filter when you replace it, let the old girl drink!

Marks right on about the spring (big shocker!), make sure you pull it out of the old line before tossing it...located on the carb side of the line. You may need to cut the old line to get to it, or small needle nose.

-Andy

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Heads up...

The saw in this ebay listing is NOT a 797 (as advertised). The block number in one of the pictures (63629) matches the number for a replacement 795 block in one of my 795 IPL's (March 1966, IPL P/N 63610). Looks like somebody assembled a 795L out of various parts. Bid accordingly.

McCulloch 797 125 Chainsaw for Repair | eBay

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
The saw in this ebay listing is NOT a 797 (as advertised). The block number in one of the pictures (63629) matches the number for a replacement 795 block in one of my 795 IPL's (March 1966, IPL P/N 63610). Looks like somebody assembled a 795L out of various parts. Bid accordingly.

McCulloch 797 125 Chainsaw for Repair | eBay

It also has the SDC carb.

Gearhead1

Gearhead1

ArboristSite Operative
I'm looking for a crankshaft for a McCulloch 440, and from what I gather from the IPL's it is a one model part, #60724. Does anyone have a good used one or a NOS part? I'll have to look into having the clutch end welded and machined if I can't find another because the clutch keyway is severely blown out.

8433jeff

8433jeff

Aftermarket connoisseur
Fuel filter is a good idea regardless. Also..........the carb diaphragms could have given up the ghost after the saw was 'revived' after a long rest. Seen that happen more than a few times...........especially before I switched to non-eth gas. Crud from decaying fuel lines can also sluff off (from the inside) and clog the screens in the carb.

You can get non-eth gas in Kaliforiniastan?

Maybe there is hope for the world.

machinisttx

machinisttx

Addicted to ArboristSite

-Andy

I haven't really had time to go over it well, so someone may have already replaced the line and tossed the spring. Knowing my luck, that's probably the culprit. My uncle mentioned that the metering lever might be set too low. I'm not very familiar with 2 stroke carbs, but I guess I'll learn. Do you have a part # handy for the larger filter?

machinisttx

machinisttx

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm looking for a crankshaft for a McCulloch 440, and from what I gather from the IPL's it is a one model part, #60724. Does anyone have a good used one or a NOS part? I'll have to look into having the clutch end welded and machined if I can't find another because the clutch keyway is severely blown out.

If you were local I'd offer to do it.

struggle

struggle

Got stumps?
Started putting the PM800 back together tonight some more.

I have slept a few nights since I took it apart so where do these bolts go? I don't have the handle or bottom plate on. I'm hoping something to do with that.

View attachment 291987
It was a little dirty under the recoil
View attachment 291988

I just don't recall the bolt with the hold down washer on it? I have the ground wire attached to the forward tank A/V mount bolt?

View attachment 291989

Latest posts