McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minosi

minosi

ArboristSite Operative
All the SP105's i've seen had full wraps.
I think you might mean the PM105. They
had half wraps as well.Lee

Mark/Lee,

Corrected my post, forgot about the PM105 duh!

I have a NOS handle for the 795L/PM105 if anyone is interested, I don't have the bracket though.

-Andy

Last edited:
Mr. Bow Saw

Mr. Bow Saw

Addicted to ArboristSite
This saw is from a collector in Sweden.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Good info mark. I've not seen the wide SP handle. I thought the wide was only on the PM models. Makes sense though, since some of the SP81s came with the CB cover.

Yep. IIRC my SP-81 and SP-81E IPL's show the short CB clutch cover like what I've put on my SP-81. The SP-80 IPL I have shows the non-CB clutch cover and the handguard that attaches to the fuel tank. I need to go compare handlebar part numbers in the IPL's when I have time.

The grandson of the original owner of my runner SP-81 saw it in the back of my pickup recently. First time he'd seen it since he traded it to me (as a non-runner) in exchange for getting his Homelite 750 cleand up and running right. He said something to the effect of "I see you put the chainbrake back on it" (and also tried to buy the saw back from me).

That comment, plus the non-handguard fuel tank on the saw lead me to believe that my saw did indeed have a CB clutch cover long ago. Strange, since it has the 'narrow' handlebar. Maybe the handlebar was swapped at the same time as the clutch cover. I need to get one of those 'wide' SP handlebars......

ozflea

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
There were saws built in Belgium and Australia that were never offered in North America.

Belgian has one odd number like a 390 that was only sold in Europe. I think it was their version of the Super 250.

Australia had the 47A and 73A that were considerably different from the 47 and 73 models sold in the USA.

You's had the same models except called different numbers I think from memory the 47 was the same as the 49 .....

McBob

rwoods

rwoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
New saw pictures

Well, I told you I would put up pictures of my new DE80 when the bar arrived... FedEx bless their peapicking heart decided to bring the bar within 45 miles of me then turn around and send it back to Georgia. It will be the week after next before it will make it back to Tennessee soooo I took a 24" out of stock and set her up. I noticed something looked a little funny and I discovered that the handlebar had been mounted on top of the skidplate slot instead of through the skidplate slot. Lost a little cutting time tonight but as my wife likes to say it seems I work on chainsaws more than I use them. Anyway below are the pictures of it and the rebuilt fleabay saw. The DE80 was plenty strong buried in a 30" plus red oak but it is thirsty like the rest of my herd - only 6 & 1/2 cuts and it was bone dry. The fleabay saw seemed stronger but it was wearing a 20" bar. I didn't finish a cut with the fleabay however because IT happened. :chainsaw: Since it had a normal chain and a dry bar, I can only assume that the bar nuts backed off or I need to start using a torque wrench.

The DE80 came from an AS member listing here. He has been a real standup guy through several hiccups we encountered with PayPal and FedEx. I don't know whether he did it or a prior owner but the inner sawdust sheild had been trimmed - chain installation/removal was a lot easier but there's no protection for the tank or the muffler from a thrown chain. Ron

Saws sitting on a white oak log

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 302342View attachment 302343View attachment 302344View attachment 302345

rwoods

rwoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
For the eagle eyes among us - yes, the DSP valve has been removed from the DE80. I'll replace it later. I also still need to put a longer recoil rope in the fleabay. It is a little dangerous as it will jerk back while running at half throttle when you hit the end of it. Ron

Latest posts