McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not had any ignition issues with any Mini Macs, but I did have one 10 Series that I could not get to work without changing out the points.

I don't understand the purpose of the insulators that mount the coil, but I don't think electrical insulation is the point since the coil is grounded with a wire like all others. Check the points for continuity when they are closed, and make sure the circuit is broken when they open. Search other threads for diagnosis of point ignition problems, perhaps something will become obvious.

Joey - You will have to come up with something better than a snowmobile, I happen to know you don't have much snow in your area.

Mark

Hovercraft, perhaps?

sorry if this is a question that has been asked before but i didn't get anything doing a search. i have a promac 610 that has been getting dusty on the shelf and the only thing i need is an air filter for it. i did run it when i got it but with the crappy air filter on it i just put it on the shelf.don't know if it still available or not but i know you MAC nuts will point me in the right direction. thanks FS.

If you want a good clean used filter, I'll send you one for the cost of shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Bryan

EC471F61-D3D3-4369-A058-DCF0A5DD4794_zpsytzcjqus.jpg

In honor of Roland's unique find, I think I'll enjoy one of my Christmas presents.
276DFFE2-4011-48FC-9050-AF2F5E02B05D_zpsetbgsnhy.jpg

Too much overtime and other commitments have kept me from the shop in recent months. A family friend brought a couple kraut burners over for me to get running and the time spent working on them has me yearning to work on a couple projects again. We'll see what happens. A little early, but cheers to you all and best wishes for a happy and fruitful new year.
Jim

Hi Andy!

.. I'm still reeling over the $400 1-85 on the Lima Ohio CL ...

That SP81 was posted a month ago ... I wonder if it's still there ...

Ted, I just picked up a 1-85 off Ebay that was "stuck"...$175.00 w/free shipping!

...It was all gummed up with what looks like Redwood pitch/sawdust around the flywheel and ignition. Cleaned it up and she pops with a prime. Have a HL kit to throw in and she'll be good. MONSTER compression too:laugh:

Bryan, still waiting on a new oil tank from M&D before she can go back together. I ordered it 12/6 so it should show up in the next couple of weeks. I did pick up a nice 46" roller nose for her though.

I'll try to get some pics up soon!

I have one Bryan...they are cool.

Except for the gearbox and the wrap/frame, all the 44 parts change out...so parts are not a problem.

Here are some pics:

Super 55A

123113 004.JPG

123113 005.JPG

I have the yellow cover for it but prefer the black. Niether has the name plate unfortunately. This one needs a new flywheel, a branch or something broke off or damaged half the fins. It does run though.

1-85

123113 003.JPG

123113 002.JPG

123113 001.JPG

All she needs is a HL kit installed and the chain sharpened. I had a 797 Super block to throw in her but since she ended up having good motor (after all) I'm leaving her as is.

Some goodies my wife got me for XMAS

123113 008.JPG

That 105/125 cover is NOS...the grinder was a cool surprise...it will be the first time I have used a grinder since high school, when I worked at the local Mac dealer...they had a Foley/Belsaw.

-Andy

Back