McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim - Looking as several IPL's it appears the Teflon washer was phased out in the mid 70's. IPL's from '73 show it, IPL's from '76 don't show it, other part numbers all remain the same.

If I remember (unlikely) I will look at some hard copies from '74/'75 and see what they show.

Mark

Got a question for you Mac guys. I have found a Pro Mac 55 bow saw that runs but needs a muffler for $80. Is that a good price? I am unfamiliar with these saws. I have looked for a muffler and have not found one yet, so I'm sure that will be difficult to find. Anything else I should be worried about?

With a bow bar (if you like that sort of thing) $80 is a very good deal. Bow bars alone will often fetch $75 to $100 or more on e-bay.

The original muffler on a PM55 would have been the pancake style, but as Brian noted, any 10 Series muffler except for the 82 cc models will fit. The saw below has the pancake style muffler.

DSCN2436.JPG

DSCN2439.JPG

Mark

There are several styles of mufflers out there. I have found they are all interchangeable. Some are louder than others, but they are all loud. That is just a Mac. This is only but a few, if you look at the pictures that Mark posted that saw has even a different style.

Attachments

• 107_0050_large.jpg
    107_0050_large.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 13
  • new_items_006_large.jpg
    new_items_006_large.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 14
  • paaats_026_large.jpg
    paaats_026_large.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13
Well if the guy doesn't change his mind I will be getting it Saturday along with a 3400 Poulan bow saw.
I have a pancake style muffler off a pro 10-10 you can have for the cost of shipping. It's rusty but seems solid. PM me if you're interested.

Did anybody see that bp1 sell on ebay this week, that went for way more than I figured it would. I've never actually seen one sell so I didn't know.
ADLM

Back