McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a saw addiction now, lol
Striped it down to the bare motor, and everything was in excellent shape with next to no wear. the best color match was krylon enamel "sun yellow"
I cant wait for the carb gasket set to get here
Now to find some replacement nuts and bolts for the fan guard :) the tiny one way valve and filter for the gas cap, And a spike.

Attachments

• tmp_7107-IMAG0235-996402570.jpg
    tmp_7107-IMAG0235-996402570.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 36
  • tmp_7107-IMAG023647572286.jpg
    tmp_7107-IMAG023647572286.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 39
  • tmp_7107-IMAG02371224608070.jpg
    tmp_7107-IMAG02371224608070.jpg
    780.7 KB · Views: 30
This saw belonged to my uncle when I was kid. My grandfather and his 3 sons were loggers and owned a saw mill back in the late 70's. I remember riding on the back of the dozer dragging logs out of the bush and then taking the trip down the mountain on my Pop's old Benz jinker. The uncle that owned this saw was sadly killed in a car accident about 30yrs ago. The saw has been kicking around various sheds since then. I spied it a couple of times and was told it was not repairable. I finally decided to drag it out and have a look for myself - stripped the carby down and cleaned it out - and it fired straight up!

380a.jpg
Its a 380A and I'm looking to find a larger bar for it(around 28-30inch), what can anyone tell me about what bars fit it or what I need to look for?

Did anybody see that bp1 sell on ebay this week, that went for way more than I figured it would. I've never actually seen one sell so I didn't know.
ADLM
For as rare as everyone says they are they keep coming around for sale. I don't consider them the rarest mcculloch saw by any means like most say they are.. There are other saws much harder to find than a BP1. They are different in design of course but people blow them way out of proportion by saying they are so rare and of course talk about how they were recalled and destroyed, blah blah blah... All a bunch of propaganda to raise the price no doubt. There are a lot more saws out there than people make it out to be. I think they are way over valued and made out to be rare when they are not in all actuality . Try finding a two button 3-25 or an 895C, super LG6, to name a few. Or even a 77 for the matter . Ive seen more BP1 saws than all others combined by a long shot. I've passed up buying a few BP1 saws myself as I'm not a fan of them. Most guys go nutz over them but I don't see anything special about it. It's all personal preference yet good we all collect something different. Just like the saying goes don't believe everything you hear. There was that running saw and also a few parts saws that sold recently. Yet more to add to the known BP1 saws. Sooner or later if they keep turning up they will be common as a 10-10.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

For as rare as everyone says they are they keep coming around for sale. I don't consider them the rarest mcculloch saw by any means like most say they are.. There are other saws much harder to find than a BP1. They are different in design of course but people blow them way out of proportion by saying they are so rare and of course talk about how they were recalled and destroyed, blah blah blah... All a bunch of propaganda to raise the price no doubt. There are a lot more saws out there than people make it out to be. I think they are way over valued and made out to be rare when they are not in all actuality . Try finding a two button 3-25 or an 895C, super LG6, to name a few. Or even a 77 for the matter . Ive seen more BP1 saws than all others combined by a long shot. I've passed up buying a few BP1 saws myself as I'm not a fan of them. Most guys go nutz over them but I don't see anything special about it. It's all personal preference yet good we all collect something different. Just like the saying goes don't believe everything you hear. There was that running saw and also a few parts saws that sold recently. Yet more to add to the known BP1 saws. Sooner or later if they keep turning up they will be common as a 10-10.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
I think they are neat and all but for what it sold for you could buy two sp125 saws or a few others for the same money, I'd still like to have one but I won't get crazy over it. And also you wouldn't happen to have a picture of this so called 2 button 3-25, I have that model but have heard nothing of this two button variety or its rarity.
ADLM

I just picked up a rather nice Mac 440 with a nice welded tip bar. Question is, what is the starting procedure for these things? There are buttons right and left of the rear handle and no trigger lock. It's got the flat back carb and it appears the right side button might be a prime of sorts?

Question is, what is the starting procedure for these things?
If I recall correctly the button on the right hand side is the primer. If the primer internals are still ok all you need to do is pump it a couples times (it squirts some gas down onto the reeds) and then hold the throttle open with one hand and pull it over smoothly. Its easiest to start the right hand start saws over a log. If the saw has a lot of compression, you can bring it up to top dead center before pulling it over, that usually makes it easier. If the primer internals have turned to goo, then just pour some gas down the carb to prime it.

The button on the left will be the chain oiler, not sure if a 440 has an automatic oiler or just a manual one. There isn't much that goes wrong on those saws in my experience. Good luck!

Picked up a 1-62 earlier today. Starts on the first few pulls. Needs a sprocket and chain. Hoping to get a .404 pitch for it, as its running a 1/2" pitch at the moment. Anyone know how to get the old sprocket off?

And what mixture should I be running? 40:1 alright? I'm not sure what the seller was running so after he showed me it ran and I got it home I dumped the gas. Hoping it wasnt straight gas.

And does anyone have an IPL?

14681651_680931382067175_756028930669621730_n.jpg

00H0H_5eFeIz6NbRz_600x450.jpg
Anyone know what model this saw is? It is not a D70 as advertised.

I picked up a pro Mac 700 but it seems to have low compression. I haven't had time to dig into it, but could it possibly be a bad compression release? You can grab the handle and pick up and it doesn't lift the saw any. I was told it was running when put away but hard to start. I only paid $15 for it, so I'm not out too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back