McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having some trouble finding the duckbill valve for the fuel cap for a Mac 250. Does anyone happen to have a part number for it?

Having some trouble finding the duckbill valve for the fuel cap for a Mac 250. Does anyone happen to have a part number for it?
Look under Homelite. You can still get them and they will work with the McCulloch.

Thanks Mark. Could a regular LHS clutch cover be moded to work with these full wraps. I have been wanting a full wrap on one of my 10-10s but cannot seam to find one. I have a few 10-10s and would like atleast one to have a full wrap. I just have one RHS and it is not in very good condition and also have a 6-10 RHS but it too is not in very good condition. Neither are good enough that I would invest 50.00 in because neither could be daily cutters. Just been on the hunt for a while without and results. I have seen them but never one for sale.

Brian

Pete - if you still have it can we see a couple of photos of your7-10 with the full wrap from the sides and bottom? I can see now that your is somewhat different from the one(s) I have.

Thanks!

Mark

can do tomorrow.

Some pictures of some good McCullochs. A 101B in a SP125c case 28" Bar, A Pro Mac 10-10 With 24" Bar and a PM800 With 24" Bar. The 101B is Ron's as also pictured is Ron's 1974 Bultaco 250 Alpina Winner of Barber Vintage National.....lol

Just kidding Ron.

View attachment 589511

like that bike. saws r ok, too. lol...
almost bought a bul 360 back then. went for 74 400cr husky, tho.

With a cube style carburetor and that muffler (assuming it is original) and the shape of the fuel tank I would suggest it is a 1-10.

The carburetor adjust holes in the side of the tank bottom could indicate the saw was converted from a bullfrog to the cube style carburetor in which case it could be anything from a 1-10 to a 5-10, or a 10-10 with a different fuel tank on top.

edit - with no compression release it can only be a 54 cc version, yellow tank point to 1-10 or 10-10.

Not much help...

Mark

Thanks Pete - it appears all they did to make it work with the LH start saw was made it wider on the left side for added clearance. Could you get a measurement on the width of your full wrap. I am sure that I could work with the guys who fabricated the initial handles to make it wider on the left side and that takes care of the starter issue.

Others would have to be willing to modify the clutch cover unless you have a very early one like the one shown on Pete's saw and on the 7-10 in my photos.

Mark

The part number is 53766.

You can get them from Bob Johnson for $6 + shipping (607 638 9297).

The Homelite duck bill valve that works with the 10 Series is different, won't work in the large frame fuel cap.

Mark

With a cube style carburetor and that muffler (assuming it is original) and the shape of the fuel tank I would suggest it is a 1-10.

The carburetor adjust holes in the side of the tank bottom could indicate the saw was converted from a bullfrog to the cube style carburetor in which case it could be anything from a 1-10 to a 5-10, or a 10-10 with a different fuel tank on top.

edit - with no compression release it can only be a 54 cc version, yellow tank point to 1-10 or 10-10.

Not much help...

Mark

Thanks Mark. I am pretty sure it's not a 10-10. The air box is different and it is a lot lighter than any of the 10-10's I have. I am going to bet it's a 1-10. You are right it does not have a compression release so it's going to be 54cc or under. Not sure what I am going to do with it. May just part it out or just let it set on the shelve until one day I decide to restore it.
Also got a 35A today. Now that one I kind of like and want to restore. I took the carb off and it sure is strange to me. Wonder if their is like a carb kit available for that thing? It has good compression if I can get the carb cleaned good and I always replace crank seals I am going to bet that is all this saw needs. Other than that the saw is in good shape. I know their are many out there but I just kind of like wanting to have one in my collection and it run and cut.

Brian

Thanks Pete - it appears all they did to make it work with the LH start saw was made it wider on the left side for added clearance. Could you get a measurement on the width of your full wrap. I am sure that I could work with the guys who fabricated the initial handles to make it wider on the left side and that takes care of the starter issue.

Others would have to be willing to modify the clutch cover unless you have a very early one like the one shown on Pete's saw and on the 7-10 in my photos.

Mark

I can do, tomorrow. remind if I forget.

this one is pretty close

IMG_1400.JPG

Just a short note to let some know Bob Cornwell passed away a few nights ago. No details but it is factual from his family posting on his facebook page. May not be the right place to post this but he was known by so many in the saw world and posted in here as well. I'll miss talking to him indeed...

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

IMG_4667.JPG IMG_4668.JPG IMG_4669.JPG Hi guys just acquired this mac250 it's almost complete bar the clutch cover going to rebuild it will be doing a few test this week vac/pressure and compression and drop the muffler it's in great condition very original is it an 87cc saw ,never seen a mac in the flesh before there is something about this saw that is drawing me in it's a magnetism of sorts haven't had it running yet though

Latest posts

Back