McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was sputtering yesterday when I tried to start it - pretty sure it was spark. I had concerns about the plug wire shorting out but tried another plug first. Starts on the first pull now! I remembered that I had dropped the plug at one point. Must have broken the insulator somewhere. This thing has the hottest spark I've ever seen in a chainsaw.

Alot of epoxys work well . I like to create somthing that fits with epoxy putty . Build it up then machine . Totally clean is the secret. You can even epoxy , drill and put in a heli coil . You also have standard and metric for choices . Unless your welding its my go to considering what you need to do . Hold the coil .
Tom

Epoxy a nut in place. I have found the key to epoxy is to clean the surface you are applying it to. I use alcohol to get all the oils off first. Rough the surface up with sandpaper and then alcohol again before applying epoxy. If there is enough of the mounting stud left you can use a thread sert or I like timesert. Use epoxy to build up around it. I like liquid steal or JB Weld. I have also epoxyed a stud in and put a nut on top of the coil or what ever it holds.

Brian

Looks good Walter. For future reference, JB Weld is a popular epoxy and can work wonders. Rescued the oil tank on my BP-1

DSCN2950.jpg

DSCN2954.jpg

Also took care of the corroded crankcase on my Solo Twin.

34s.jpg

I also had to make a repair similar to your coil mount for the recoil starter on the Solo Twin. I used some modeling clay to create a form.

20170219_152109.jpg

Mark

Awesome Mark
I picked up some JBs today. Yhat repair i used tank repair putty. If it lets go I will redo with JBs.
Hoping to secure that SP80 tomorrow!
Cheers eh

Does anyone have information on setting the carb diaphragm height on the 3-25? I finally got mine running today but floods out quickly. I was running it without the tank installed and used a bottle to feed gas to the bowl and it was fine but I wasn't keeping constant pressure on the bottle. I have triple checked the check ball and seat and they look good - don't know what else could make it flood. Also looking for initial setting for the H needle. I was using 1 turn out like other saws.

Attachments

• carb close up.jpg
    carb close up.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 12
Did a little red oak falling today with PM805 acquired from Joey (24" .375) and PM800 (33" .404). Brian plans to come out tomorrow with his fresh PM800. I can't wait to see a compression reading on his saw - effort to turn it over is much fiercer than any of mine. Ron

Two red oaks put down by the 805.
View attachment 610568

Two red oaks put down by the 800.
View attachment 610570 View attachment 610571 View attachment 610572
Is that a Stihl in the back ground?

thought you Mac nuts would like this pic. on C/L near me for $100.
00Z0Z_9uXvLnucjb0_600x450.jpg

Does anyone have information on setting the carb diaphragm height on the 3-25? I finally got mine running today but floods out quickly. I was running it without the tank installed and used a bottle to feed gas to the bowl and it was fine but I wasn't keeping constant pressure on the bottle. I have triple checked the check ball and seat and they look good - don't know what else could make it flood. Also looking for initial setting for the H needle. I was using 1 turn out like other saws.
bump

Latest posts

Back