McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knock on wood, but haven't even had a hint of getting sick..that includes hangovers.. Let's face it. What bug could make a stand inside this body.. Guess I've had way too much fun over the decades. Cheers. K

Anyone happen to have a set of clutch springs for my pm700? Just received a basket case. She is back together, just missing a clutch spring and the one I do have doesn't look the best. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Except for a few 3 shoe clutches on the SP80 models, all of the 10 Series and 600 Series saws use the same basic clutch; shoes and springs are the same on all of them. The RH start saws have the starter pawls on the clutch, but even then the other parts are interchangeable. You should not have any problems finding a spare clutch.

Mark

Speaking of clutchs
Would anyone know of a rim style clutch drum with 2.7" i.d. ?
Interested in a link for clutch dimensions as well. I cannot find the site that sells clitchs with sizes listed
TIA

I have several of the 10 Series sawdust screens printed in ABS, they look better than the test pieces. Send a PM for details.

Still down with the current flu bug, haven't been to work in 7 days...this is really bad.

Mark

Sorry to hear about the flu, hope you get to feeling better. I'm new to these forums, I apologize, what is a PM?

Sorry to hear about the flu, hope you get to feeling better. I'm new to these forums, I apologize, what is a PM?

PM = Private Message. If you click on 'Inbox' in the upper right corner of your screen, near your user name, you can get to a place where you can start a new conversation via PM with someone.

Rob

Except for a few 3 shoe clutches on the SP80 models, all of the 10 Series and 600 Series saws use the same basic clutch; shoes and springs are the same on all of them. The RH start saws have the starter pawls on the clutch, but even then the other parts are interchangeable. You should not have any problems finding a spare clutch.

Mark
Mark, will I run into any problems being as both my parts saws here are spur gear setups vs the rim sprocket on my 700? Can I use the rim sprocket drum with the spur gear clutch? Sorry but the clutches are the one part I've never really tried to mess with

All of the parts are completely interchangeable, rim or spur, RH start or LH start clutches.

The RH start saws had a keyed crankshaft and a RH nut on the clutch end of the crankshaft, later 10 Series and all 600 Series saws had no key and a LH nut on the clutch end of the crankshaft.

Mark

Rainy day so little MAC action and no MAC pictures. Felled a 22" dead red oak with the 800 then bucked a little at the lot until I broke the chain. Would like to say it was due to all that MAC torque, but seeing it was at the splice I would hazard a guess that it was just a poor spin job by me. Ron

I want to publicly give a shout out to mark heiman for allowing me to bend his ear and help me through my oiler issues on my pm700. I have never been into the oil tanks on the top tank/10 series style saw before. So tonight I tore into it. Got it tore down and mark was a huge help. Thanks buddy, she's pumping oil with both systems and not pushing it back into the engine anymore. Now it's time to go cut something.

Check with Bob Johnson (607 638 9297) or Randy Duncan for the fuel line. Another option is select a fuel line that fits over the barb on the carburetor, then see if you can find a grommet that fits the hole in the tank and slip the fuel line through it.

I received a package today, perhaps you recall seeing this one a few pages back.

View attachment 619555

I cleaned it up a bit behind the clutch, added the sawdust screen and an H&S spike.

View attachment 619557

View attachment 619559

View attachment 619560

A little bit of tuning was required, but is starts and runs quite nicely. I probably won't get a chance to put it in any wood until next year.

Mark
thats a nice looking lady mark makes want to look for one again..those just look tuff as hell

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I got a piston from Little Red Barn. I wound up not using it and opted for the thin ring OEM piston, but I would have used it if I did not find a OEM piston. It looked alright. I did not check the wrist pin to dome clearance but I can tomorrow and see if it differs from a OEM piston. If that is all you can find then I would use it.

Mark
Nice looking 250.

Brian
ive got one of those little red barn pistons in one of my 7-10s runs was a little scared to start with but it runs great pulls like a 7-10 should cant tell the difference between that one and my other one mabe that helps you a little

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Going to look at a 250 this weekend. What should I look out for other than the basic free and has compression? This will be my first of the older front tank style saws.

If you can pull the muffler to look for scoring, seized rings etc that would be great.
Would you happen to know what size socket I would need to do this? I'll bring it with me lol.

Back