McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at my shelf queen 7-10 today to make sure I offered 2 broke the right style muffler...it .had a bit of fuel left in the tank (I last used it a few years ago) so I gave it a try and it started right up. I let it run a bit, dumped the fuel out of the tank, and then ran it dry before shooting the tank with some fogging oil.

After that Mrs. Heimann suggested I should move the wood pile today so I spent the next 4 hours and got three of five rows moved. My eyes are a bit blurry tonight from the dust blowing around today.

Mark

I tinkered with the kids today. Have a line on a rather large oak trunk to block out. So i took the afternoon and did some tune up work and sharpening.
b73580b792bce405037cb910e47c0157.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I was looking at my shelf queen 7-10 today to make sure I offered 2 broke the right style muffler...it .had a bit of fuel left in the tank (I last used it a few years ago) so I gave it a try and it started right up. I let it run a bit, dumped the fuel out of the tank, and then ran it dry before shooting the tank with some fogging oil.

After that Mrs. Heimann suggested I should move the wood pile today so I spent the next 4 hours and got three of five rows moved. My eyes are a bit blurry tonight from the dust blowing around today.

Mark

Better than moving furniture. I feel you pain. Must be universal that wives like to rearrange things from time to time. Ron

Brian, I gave the SP70 away. The saw you are thinking of is a PM 700. With no AV, I can only handle one tank before my hand has a fit.

A few years back, I rebuilt a PM570 but it felt as heavy as PM800. If the weight is close, I will always go with the biggest displacement.

Ron

The saw you are thinking of is a PM 700. With no AV, I can only handle one tank before my hand has a fit.

Ron

Ron,

I have white finger(from the ATV) so I have to be very careful with saws that vibrate. I wear insulated work gloves and they work very well at reducing the vibrations to a point they aren't felt enough to be noticed.

work gloves.jpg

Brian, I gave the SP70 away. The saw you are thinking of is a PM 700. With no AV, I can only handle one tank before my hand has a fit.

A few years back, I rebuilt a PM570 but it felt as heavy as PM800. If the weight is close, I will always go with the biggest displacement.

Ron
Next time you are ready to give a super pro away, my family could use another member lol. Btw Mark, I think we may need to discuss that other idea I had a bit further. I think I need a runner sooner than later.

Next time you are ready to give a super pro away, my family could use another member lol. Btw Mark, I think we may need to discuss that other idea I had a bit further. I think I need a runner sooner than later.

It was disassembled but complete. I’ve given out at the moment. But you never know what I may stumble across as I look almost everyday for something cool and cheap. Ron

I see we were typing at the same time. So the insulated gloves work? I may try that = Lowe’s was clearing out winter gloves a few weeks ago. Ron

I may get a pair also. Even with the off brand saw today my hands were giving me troubles.

Brian

I use some serious anti vibe gloves on the ATV but I find those insulated work gloves work the best for saws. They seem to last a season of cutting and banging away with an axe. If you pass on the axe they last a lot longer and are far cheaper than anti vibe gloves.

I wouldn't last 5 minutes without them.

It was disassembled but complete. I’ve given out at the moment. But you never know what I may stumble across as I look almost everyday for something cool and cheap. Ron
I'm always willing to look at super pros lol. Even if you find a deal but don't want to buy it yourself shoot me a heads up man.

Back