McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, just a quick update. I was able to take my 10-10 parts to a cousin of mine who I wasn't even aware had a powder coating shop. He said he would sandblast and powder coat all the pieces for $60! He was even able to match the stock yellow color almost exactly with a book of endless shades of yellow. So now I'm just awaiting them to be completed.

A quick question as well, would anyone know where to find the full wrap handle for this pro mac 10-10?
Thanks guys

I don't think there ever was a full wrap option for the Pro Mac style rigid mount type saws (Pro Mac 10-10, 700, 10-10S, etc.). There was a full wrap option for the earlier -10 saws with RH start or the older, smaller clutch cover. The full wrap bars I have will work on the Pro Mac or other saws with the later style clutch cover but the cover must be modified to provide clearance.

If I remember I will post some photos tonight, or search this thread or the 10-10 thread for photos.

Mark

If Tim were to tell me there were full wrap bars for the Pro Mac rigid mount saws I would have to believe it. I see Billy Ray has one but it can't come from a SP or PM anti-vibe model as those would be too tall and the mounts would not line up with the bar. I see it, I just don't know where it comes from. I have looked through all of my hard copy and electronic IPL's but I haven't been able to find a full wrap bar shown anywhere.

Here is a 7-10 with one of the full wrap bars I had made up.

20170817_180352.jpg

Here is it on a RH start saw, see how it clears the bottom of the clutch cover.

20170707_200452.jpg

Here is one mounted on the 7-10 with a modified late model clutch cover made to clear the wrap handle.

20170817_180531.jpg

I was thinking of trying to get some made that would fit without the modification but I think they would be too expensive with the additional bends needed to make them fit and clear. I may still look into it somewhere down the road but there is too much going on right now to allow that kind of experimentation.

Mark

If Tim were to tell me there were full wrap bars for the Pro Mac rigid mount saws I would have to believe it. I see Billy Ray has one but it can't come from a SP or PM anti-vibe model as those would be too tall and the mounts would not line up with the bar. I see it, I just don't know where it comes from. I have looked through all of my hard copy and electronic IPL's but I haven't been able to find a full wrap bar shown anywhere.

View attachment 646256

View attachment 646257

Here is one mounted on the 7-10 with a modified late model clutch cover made to clear the wrap handle.

View attachment 646258

I was thinking of trying to get some made that would fit without the modification but I think they would be too expensive with the additional bends needed to make them fit and clear. I may still look into it somewhere down the road but there is too much going on right now to allow that kind of experimentation.

Mark

I’ll send Billy Ray an email or text & ask him if he knows of some Local West Coast secret.

I don't believe that's a 10-10, Never seen one run like that.
I'm guessing a 70cc variant.
He burned that saw up shortly after that..... I have watched almost all of his videos, he definitely likes to tune hot but says thats the only mac he's ever burned up.

View attachment 646256

View attachment 646257

View attachment 646258

Mark
That's a nice looking 7-10 there @heimannm [emoji41][emoji106]

I have my father and grandfather to blame for my love of Macs, these guys just help with the addiction lol.

My Grandfather wouldn’t own one because he raced against McCulloch Powered carts in the 1960s.
They ran Poulans, & later on, Stihl & ECHO.

They remodeled his house about 20 years ago, cleaning out the basement, & threw away a pickup bed full of old Poulans, Many bow Saws, etc. No one thought they’d be worth fooling with.

Latest posts

Back