McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 215681 / 85387 prices I saw aren't too bad, actually. I'm not aware of any AM sources for those filters, though Lil Red Barn indicates they sell them. Someone else may have more details.

And depending on how bad yours is (if you indeed have one), they'll clean up pretty well with some dish detergent and a good soak in hot water. If you have an ultra sonic cleaner, that's even better. But a word of caution: Depending on the degree of any flocking deterioration, a USC can destroy what's left if there's any chance of the filter being salvaged otherwise. Keep a close eye on it if it's questionable.

If you guys are in need of Mac parts,Bob Johnson in Maryland,N.Y.is the guy to go to.He just bought out a distributorship last month.His hrs.are kinda funny though.He opens around 9:30 A.M.,knocks off at noon for lunch,then reopens & is there 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.You'll have a hard time getting a hold of him sometimes because his phone can get quite busy.He doesn't do anything with a computer,it's all old school.I just bought some parts from him that he's had laying in his shop for well over 30 yrs.,but he knew right where they were.His phone # is:607-638-9297
Ed

Yes,very knowledgeable,not just about one brand of saw either.He sold Pioneers for many yrs.& he's a big fan of the big Macs,very good with Homelites as well.I've been dealing with Bob for a bit over 6 mo.now & I look fwd to every time I get to talk with him.I'm thinking of taking a drive with my step-daughter next month just to meet him.

All PM models (with the long clutch cover) and the 600 Series use the same spike. Very common. Ignore the one on the left.

View attachment 655872

Mark
Speaking of spikes.. Couple years ago picked up a 650 and it had spikes on each side. Different lengths so they were flush facing the bar tip.. Only saw I've seen like that.. I'll take a pic if I can find it and blow the dust off

Speaking of spikes.. Couple years ago picked up a 650 and it had spikes on each side. Different lengths so they were flush facing the bar tip.. Only saw I've seen like that.. I'll take a pic if I can find it and blow the dust off

Sort of like this?

s-l1600.jpg

Rob

I just rinse them out with a little gas and blow them out with compressed air. Seems to work

Thanks for the tips on cleaning the air filter. This one seems to be structurally sound so I'll give that a try with either gas or soapy hot water (or maybe Simple Green).

Rob

Finally found a source for cast iron to make a liner for my pooched SP60. Bought enough to make two liners in case the first goes sideways. Now to hone the machining and measuring skills to achieve a good fit! Giving me fits but oh the challenge eh!?!
Will post pics as can. Cheerd

Rob to be dead honest I completely forgot. I started digging and that turned into assembling an sp81 motor. I have the long block assembled but I can't find my electronic ignition flywheel. I know it's in there somewhere but I didn't look real hard as a customer was just pulling in.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Back