McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,
Thanks for your input on the 1-70. I hope to get it torn down and cleaned up soon.
I have a few newb questions,
any good recommendation on where to find a rebuild kit for the carb? Tillotson HL19D.
Also fuel line will anything work or should I look for something specific?
And in regard to the fuel line it was held on with what looks like a peice of spring how do I reinstall these or should I ditch them for some spring clips that I can squeeze open with a set of pliers.
Jeff

Kits for the Tillotson HL carburetors are widely available, search e-Bay for Tillotson DG5HL (gaskets & diaphragms only) or RK88HL for the full rebuild kit.

Just for examples:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gasket-Dia...h=item3cd3a6bd06:g:cG8AAOxyFolR5928:rk:3:pf:1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-New-Ti...=item33d055cae4:g:c9cAAOSwvflZOKFj:rk:12:pf:0

There were many variations of the fuel lines on the 1-7X/1-8X saws, some require a peculiar line with different sizes on the ends and some will accept a more conventional piece of tubing. I can't comment specifically on your 1-70. I have a 1-85 for example that has a very short fuel line with a 90 degree bend, you must use an OEM molded line in that case as anything else will kink. I like to reuse the spring type clamps as much as possible since there is often not enough space to use a screw or clip type hose clamp. Work the spring type clamp off (I use my thumbnail to separate the windings and work it off) then install on the new fuel line. Most of the time you can slip it over the barb fitting with the clamp in place.

Mark

Good job Ron I've got an 800 running today too what a big brute. Well it is for me any way. The 3 starter housing screw holes are stripped so thats her for the day after 2 tanks but the 700 is ripping hard. I really like this saw just lovely in every way with a 20inch bar. The weight is a non issue the vibrations are a non issue and the noise is heaven it handles nice and compact size too just a perfect saw. Crazy that it was doomed in a scrap heap but happy that the right person loves it now. 20181028_122723.jpg

I took down a large ash tree today, victim of the Emerald Ash Borer that is making its way through the area. Most of the tree required the use of an aerial lift, not my favorite way to take a tree down but rather necessary for many of these town trees.

20181027_075538.jpg

That's a 36" bar on the SP125, needed all of it and more to get the main trunk down on the ground.

20181027_155046.jpg

As you can see there was an extensive crotch agglomeration so I noodled a lot of it into firewood size chunks rather than trying to manipulate them in the splitter.

Mark

Back