McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's freebee:) compression and complete fairly tidy too got a nice hard nose 16inch. Came from a old widow was the hubbys saw since new. Was in the rubish heap. Lucky saw i had most of a 10 10 and some new rings but robbed a few little bits n bobs for the pm700 so now ill have a runner 54cc 70cc and the 800 has a new sp81 muffler on the way too. Gota love these old things
20181112_094606.jpg 20181112_094625.jpgheres also my fixed up clutch cover for the pm800 its not exact but better than the big hole before it will look ok with a paint.20181112_094816.jpg

Nice repair. Those 800 style covers are a paradox - the beefiest of all ten series on the bar end and the most fragile on the exhaust end. Ron

Thanks Ron they are very fragile i didn't even want to use rivets thought it mite crack. Very hard to find a good one too so had to try something. Cant wait for the new muffler to show up:) it will sound alot better

I can attest to that. Feels very heavy compared to my SP80.

View attachment 684623

What ya guna do with that cover Tim? You could make a plate on top and then make some vertical posts to it. The side running bars will be tricky but not impossible just trim away the busted ones and screw on some new ones If you made a thick enough vertical post in the corner.

Thinking bout it more you could chop the whole lot off and build something like this two bits of sheet fold it up in the vice easy enough...20181112_182848.jpg

Well I spose the 80 is less the brake and a shorter cover as well as the muffler so yea it would add up to a bit
The SP80 has a brake. Short cover. It's a more compact design.

I'll have to dump the fuel and oil out of the 8200 and weigh each of them. I think the the biggest diff in weight might be found in the 8200 cylinder shrouds, front and rear which are considerably thicker than the typical ones found on the 10 series.
Hard to say as often perceived weight is different than real weight. The 8200 is very top heavy.

A pic of the SP80

DSCF2582.JPG

Latest posts

Back