McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliment on the shop. It is a disaster right now, I really need to take a weekend and get it organized.

Ok I'll see what the parts shop has in the cabinet. I like a nice interesting messy workshop to a point as it shows your doing stuff. Thats a nice shelf full of saws up there too

Also, does anyone have a picture of what the muffler outlet should look like on this 1-86? This one is just a wide open hole and I dont think that's right. I'm probably just gonna fabricate something.

Probably gonna end up keeping my eyes open for a new muffler. Once I started cleaning it up, it is all rotted full of holes.
Im.working on brazing it up but it's not gonna be pretty.
I also dont think this handlebar is right for this saw. It seems too tall and too narrow compared to the one on my 440 and the top bracket was heavily modified to.fit this tank.

Probably gonna end up keeping my eyes open for a new muffler. Once I started cleaning it up, it is all rotted full of holes.
Im.working on brazing it up but it's not gonna be pretty.
I also dont think this handlebar is right for this saw. It seems too tall and too narrow compared to the one on my 440 and the top bracket was heavily modifier to.fit this tank.
Hey 2 broke.. Check PM. also check Acres site on the 1-86.. Has a drawing but you'll get an idea. K

Pretty sure that all large frame mac motors use the same bolt pattern on the muffler, not sure about the 125s or 101bs though. Both times i've had saws with the box muffler (1-72 and 795) on them they've been fully rotted out, the round ones seem to hold up better/longer, I think they're stainless. The stack exhaust from the early saws will also fit.

Well here she is. Still working on the muffler and need a bar and chain and a sprocket but it's mostly done.
Now I just hope it runs lol. May need to do a kit in the carb bit I will see. It ran on prime and the carb didnt look bad inside so I just cleaned it.
db6000ce5915259d4fbe655d9157f821.jpg
997eee53a0b52abb6ff47904f3398581.jpg
777ec4b67ccccff2a8444f0a587c9208.jpg
e5f6c236dda1afd82f0e8eed7fb3e368.jpg

Thanks Mark. Ya, it was pretty crusty, amazing what a lot of cleaning and a little paint will do.
That looks similar to what is on there minus the town and country feature. Mine is like swiss cheese with rot so I'm gonna keep my eyes open for something better. Might even buy a GEM muffler when the saw funds are replenished.

I am in need of a part number for the fuel line for this. Th IPL I have shows a 1-76 instead of a 1-86 on that page and it shows the line coming down into the airbox from the top. This saw uses a very short line at the bottom of the box with a wick type filter in the tank. I cant really make the bend with regular line.

I took down a large ash tree today, victim of the Emerald Ash Borer that is making its way through the area. Most of the tree required the use of an aerial lift, not my favorite way to take a tree down but rather necessary for many of these town trees.

View attachment 681906

That's a 36" bar on the SP125, needed all of it and more to get the main trunk down on the ground.

View attachment 681907

As you can see there was an extensive crotch agglomeration so I noodled a lot of it into firewood size chunks rather than trying to manipulate them in the splitter.

Mark
SWEET!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

hey mark just got this 795 today was told the primer leaks runs good after gas directly in the carb and was told the primer was plugged off anyway to fix it i haven't messed with it yet and havent worked on one these carbs..think ive heard you can put a tillston hl on these before any truth to that1110181330_HDR.jpeg1110181326a.jpeg1110181326.jpeg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Took a 125 out today to fall a large white oak. It wouldn't start. Wore myself out, finally gave up and after catching my breath, I retrieved my 800 and put the tree down. This is my favorite 125 that has been running poorly on the last two outings, including backfiring. Brian showed up and diagnosed the need for a carb rebuild. He had previously told me that he suspected such, but like most things I put it off.

We cut the oak in FEL size except for a 16+' section off the bottom that I saved as a log - possibly for trailer floor boards. Not sure how we are going to get it out of the woods, but that's a problem for another day. I ran Brian favorite 10-10 while my off brand was stuck. The torque is impressive.

Ron

Nice white oak:

IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG

Brian swapping chains on his 800 (28" bar .404 chain). That's my ailing 125 in his truck.

IMG_3852.JPG

Kevin H - You can fit a low profile HL on the 795 or just plug the ports and prime it for cold starts. If you change carburetors you will have to fabricate some new linkages for the throttle and choke.

Kevin S - I have a spare of that short, 90 degree fuel line if you can't find it elsewhere.

Poge - how about dead and partially decomposed PM850? I would have to look and see just what is actually there.

Mark

Thanks Mark, could really use that. I am having no luck finding one and dont even have a part number which isnt helping.
Sent you a PM

Back