McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After owning about 20 of these things I will say that the 850 and older saws are more powerful on the low-end versus the newer versions with the bigger muffler and Q port.

With that said, the 8200 feels just like the other later model saws to me.

After owning about 20 of these things I will say that the 850 and older saws are more powerful on the low-end versus the newer versions with the bigger muffler and Q port.

With that said, the 8200 feels just like the other later model saws to me.

Yea I'd like to put the older muffler on the 800 for that reason but its a want not a need

Hi jethro, hows it goin. Havent got that handle done yet, ill send a picture when i do. Thanks so much again. So, if you find an 850 muffler, it will fit right on that 800. Youll have to modify some deflector for proper air flow. I made one out of some thin sheet metal. That big muffler actually directs air flow thru the fins. Other than that, it sounds great. Has a tad more snap also. My 800 has an 850 muffler on it. Sounds awesome.

Hi jethro, hows it goin. Havent got that handle done yet, ill send a picture when i do. Thanks so much again. So, if you find an 850 muffler, it will fit right on that 800. Youll have to modify some deflector for proper air flow. I made one out of some thin sheet metal. That big muffler actually directs air flow thru the fins. Other than that, it sounds great. Has a tad more snap also. My 800 has an 850 muffler on it. Sounds awesome.

Hey there. All good hope ya like it. I'm hoping for a whole burnt up 850 I've seen a couple b4 I got the 800 that were toasted n that will give me a heap of parts. Theres still the option of cutting it up n building my own muffler out of the bits. I can't see why I can't cut the bottom out leave the top there as the air shroud then build up a nice duct around and out. Big job but to me it's fun for lunchtime at work

Anyone have an extra Mcculloch SP125 crankshaft? Upon inspection on rebuild I noticed I have a pretty good groove where the seal rides on the flywheel side on my crank and am not comfortable reusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cd84d20d7a278b352559bc15a9751a8f.jpg

While I’m posting check out this aftermarket billet 101 rod Mr. Ives supplied me. Needed a new rod for my build and was only a few $$ more than stock one so going to give a shot! Very nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rattle canned my SP81 parts with the only prep being the parts washer and a Blue Dawn and water bath and rinse after that. Was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out. Just wish I would have clear coated before putting it back together for the extra protection factor.

I rattle canned my SP81 parts with the only prep being the parts washer and a Blue Dawn and water bath and rinse after that. Was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out. Just wish I would have clear coated before putting it back together for the extra protection factor.
When I did my 380 the place I was working at had a hit tank. That stripped most of the old paint off so it turned out much better.

Does anyone have a workable solution for these handlebar clamps? I was thinking cable clamps but the bolt hole on those is offset so I dont think they will work. I.would even take a whole handlebar if someone had something in decent shape. This is for the 1-86. I'm not sure what other models would interchange. As it is someone modified the upper mount to fit the fuel tank.
28f69e9220b59819418ddb01eaf77525.jpg

Latest posts

Back