McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to undress in the garage. Still got more than acceptable amounts of chips in the house. Hope I don’t clog the drain on the washer. My wife doesn’t like me doing that.

Ron

I wanted to grab my air nozzle and take a shower just lookin' at those pics!

Another job well done, fellas.

And Mark, that pine and a nice afternoon with the grandson sounds like just what the doctor ordered considering the pace you seem to be keeping these days. I just ran across the Museum threads the other day. Wow. No small project and looks first class all the way. Looking forward to a visit for sure.

Then the Higby situation occupying so much time..., and still shopping for exhibits on top of it all. Hell, I'm still trying to find time to put a sticker on my SP81 and sort out the ignition issue from last year! LOL

BTW, and rather coincidentally, I happened to run across a half dozen or so similar Mac generators to yours while browsing Facebook in my area yesterday, including one identical to yours that also looked new. There seem to be quite a few scattered across Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois along with dozens of Timber Bears and MiniMacs, but alas, no PM850's. I did see a sweet PM800 though..., for $900. I passed.

Hey pogo, i too saw that pm800 for $900.00!!! Its about 3hrs away for me. But cmon man 900 dollars. Hes a younger guy with a crazy idea that its worth that. I contacted him about it and he wont budge. Insists its worth it. Oh well its his saw to do with what he wants.

All the 10 series Mac prices have gone through the roof. I've got two complete nos 80cc engines for either a sp80,sp81, pm800, 805, 850 that I've been holding onto for when I come across a parts saw, but I can't find any. Everything on Ebay is individual parts or whole saws for outrageous prices. If anyone has any of the 80cc 10 series saws with trashed engines I'd like to get one or two. Hell even the 10-10 prices are crazy. Not too long ago people were just giving them away. Now you got to have a Benjamin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

All the 10 series Mac prices have gone through the roof. I've got two complete nos 80cc engines for either a sp80,sp81, pm800, 805, 850 that I've been holding onto for when I come across a parts saw, but I can't find any. Everything on Ebay is individual parts or whole saws for outrageous prices. If anyone has any of the 80cc 10 series saws with trashed engines I'd like to get one or two. Hell even the 10-10 prices are crazy. Not too long ago people were just giving them away. Now you got to have a Benjamin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dam good saws and old mate billy perhaps. These crazy prices are they really being sold for or just tryers trying?

Hi fellas,I bought a 10-10 handle with the tank to convert my 2-10.It seems that I bought the wrong handle & tank because the tank is rounded at the back where the filter butts up to it.I was trying to get away from the rounded or domed filter.I should've bought a ProMac 10-10 handle & tank.I talked with Bob Johnson extensively about this earlier today.He's got new tanks to go onto the handle I've got for $22.Then I've got to get the play doh gasket for $12.The handle I got is nice,I got it for $26,the cover was $12.50,I got two filters - one for $8,the other for $5.60.Changing the 2-10 over to the 10-10 style is a little more than I bargained for.If the saw didn't have such good compression I wouldn't have even bothered.I'm gonna try to make the original SDC2 carb work.
Ed

This one is for anyone who can give me the correct answer.I've got an early 10-10 that has the rounded tank on it.Mark was kind enough to sell me the filter & cover.Now I need the air filter bracket.Currently I have the "Y"style bracket (part # 68807) on it that came off a 2-10.The screw on the top isn't big enough in diameter & it doesn't quite line up with the filter & cover.I know there were several different styles of air filter brackets on the 10-10 series,just not sure which one I need.
Ed

Unfortunately some dumb ass removed the tag,so I have no idea what the prefix is.Part # 66681 is the same as 68807,only an earlier version.I got five or six different IPL's all ranging from 1967 - 1976 & they all call for either of those two bracket numbers.I wonder if it's possible that my bracket is bent?The original bracket that was on the saw was broken,so I took what looked like the same bracket off a 2-10 carb (same carb - SDC2).
Ed

The 66681 bracket is for these saws (tanks). Not sure if the carb matters, but I'd assume not since the holes are the holes with the bracket and stud being the variable. That said and the info below considered, I'm showing a 66681 bracket for the 2-10, not a 68807. They obviously both have their own application and don't seem to be interchangeable on the same tank.

Untitled.jpg

When I looked at all the IPL's for the 10-10's & the 2-10 the bracket # was either 66681,or 68807.In either case they looked to be the same bracket.You know how Mac liked to change part numbers,the same part can have four different numbers.Ask Bob Johnson,he'll tell you the same thng.
Ed

Back