McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang on,I've got the pics on here already when I showed the saw to Mark thinking at that point that the saw was ac 2-10.I'll look it up,it's back a few pages.The filter & cover are the rounded,or curved one (domed).I have no idea what the part # is,I just bought them from Mark.My saw's pic is on pg.1508.
Ed

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/attachments/thumbnail-jpg.688238/

Thanks Tim,anything at this point will help.
Ed

Here's the pic. You can see the stud is just about two inches back from the reference point on the saw. Good thing I looked. That awesome Tygon line is kinked now but wasn't when installed.

The tag on the saw is a 10-600002. The ipl says that bracket is 68807

DSCF3998.JPG DSCF3999.JPG

Pogo,the first filter on top is the one I have,like in Tim's saw.Thanks Tim,I'll go measure mine & see what I come up with.Actually,if you could measure from the center of the tank back to the AF bracket stud,that'd help me out better.Oops,I see you did that.I had to look twice.Lol
Ed

OK,I just measured my saw like Tim did on his.My measurement from the same point to the center of the stud is 2 1/4 in.Apparently there IS a difference between the two brackets.My apologies Pogo.When ya look at the IPL they look the same.
My cover is the same as yours Tim.
Ed

OK,I just measured my saw like Tim did on his.My measurement from the same point to the center of the stud is 2 1/4 in.Apparently there IS a difference between the two brackets.My apologies Pogo.When ya look at the IPL they look the same.
Ed

Does that mean you're looking for one 2" inches back?

Ed

No worries, Ed. I always enjoy exploring the Mac IPL's and always seem to learn something new (or weird) during the process. Something tells me I'll be measuring 10-10 brackets tomorrow myself..., just because. LOL

I've come to the conclusion that we should & must abolish Christmas,but to fill the void of the holiday we'll have McCullochmas.On this holiday we will either give to someone dear to us, or ourself something McCulloch,whether it be a much needed part ,or a much desired saw.
I can hear the new melody now....On the first day of McCullochmas my true love gave to meeee.....a McCulloch 125C.Kinda catchy,ain't it?
Ed

Be happy if you get the correct filter cover bracket in your stocking. LOL

To follow up last evening's discussion, I pulled out three 10-10A's and a 2-10 today and measured from the tank to the stub as Tim did and got 2" on all four. All had the same typical 10-10 filter. Two of the 10-10's were 600002 models with 14 prefixes with the third being a 600002B (or 26 maybe?) with a 15 prefix. None of my 10 series IPL's cover those to compare bracket numbers with the ones we've already discussed. 2-10 had a Mac carb with the stud instead of a bracket, but was still a 2" offset from the tank.

What does seem to be common between both the 66681 and 68807 bracket numbers are they both accommodate the same 66774 air filter and both accommodate the same 65813 cover nut. That would seem to indicate they should interchange since the threads are the same and the offset from the tank would need to be the same for the same filter to fit both brackets. Who knows what the actual difference in parts may be. My guess at this point would be a production/manufacturing difference in material or method.

That brings up the possibility that the bracket on your saw is neither of the above and is not for a 10-10 application or there is a whole other fitment issue yet to be identified. I do know that if you're not careful aligning the filter and cover that the fuel cap can get in the way and not be all that obvious when you're focusing on getting that stud up through the filter and cover when it doesn't line up. Don't laugh. It happened to me today while going through my 10-10's. Thought I was onto something! I was. The fuel cap.

I think it's also safe to say that I misspoke when originally saying that each bracket was for a different cover and filter. And I'm putting money on the bracket you have not being either one and that a 68807 bracket will indeed work.

Latest posts

Back