McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The late McBob contended that there was a lot of potential in a 105 so I bought one off eBay. It turned out to be a 125. I contacted the seller who made me a deal to keep it and send me another one in lieu of cross country return. The second one turned out to be a 125 too. Swapped the first one with Brian for some work. He rebuilt and runs it - seen in several pictures posted before here. I still have the other one; it sits on the shelf with a 50” roller bar. I guess I will never know what a 105 can do.

Ron

I would guess that you'd likely need a 50 or 60 inch bar for the 17cc difference to become apparent. Now you can tell a huge difference between a 103cc Mac and a 123cc Mac even with a 36" bar. I believe the 105 has improved porting over a 103cc saw, however I'm no expert on that.

You too Ron. Is it just me or is the 105 rarer than the bigger sisters? I guess you can't be too mad at a 125 wrongly turning up though
I not sure but id say yes it is more rare. They were made as a firewood cutting saw. And didnt really go over well and therefore not many were sold. Ergo not as many out there. That information came from a video by rich dougan "the chainsaw guy" on youtube. Id say he knows the story.

I not sure but id say yes it is more rare. They were made as a firewood cutting saw. And didnt really go over well and therefore not many were sold. Ergo not as many out there. That information came from a video by rich dougan "the chainsaw guy" on youtube. Id say he knows the story.

There were the Super Pro 105 and the Pro Mac 105. The PM 105 was the firewood saw.

Ron

I would have thought the 105 followed in the 795's footsteps as a less expensive model/alternative to the 123cc saw. More for the logger that was down on money but needed a full size bar that could run a long bar, if somewhat slower but would still be able to do the job. Kinda like the MS 650 vs the MS 660.

Latest posts

Back