McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled the oil pump off the Eager Beaver yesterday.What a mess.So filthy dirty.The piston kept sticking,the top cap for the manual oiler was cracked,& in the process of taking the pump apart I lost the check valve.No worries,I've got a real nice used one on the way from a trusted seller on Ebay (not many of those there)
Meanwhile I'm itching to tear something else apart & fix it.Maybe that 380.....?
Ed

I must have 4 or 5 of those oil pumps for 610's.I got an oil pump from Bob Johnson last yr.for $20,Ebay likes to rape you for the parts they have there most of the time.Sometimes you can find a good deal there though.I wish I'd have known you were in need of one,I could've sent you one.The important thing is that your saw is fixed & oiling properly now.
I went to my local saw shop today to buy an Eager Beaver saw for parts,I ended up coming home with a good Eager Beaver 2014 that I think has a spark issue.Does anyone know if the ignition module from a 3816AV will work on the Eager Beaver 2014?
I also came home with 1 1/2 10-10's LH startThey both had the bracket I needed for my other 10-10 that Tim & I worked on earlier this month.Now the saw is complete & operational.I should probably take a before & after pic of the 10-10's I just bought,they're covered in oil,grease,dirt,& bird droppings.Lol Just what I need,more projects!
Ed

Speaking of projects, a few pages back pogo mentioned a pm800 he had found for $900.00!! I also had seen that on facebook. Well, after several messages ans negotiation i scored a beautiful pm800. Id say it was barely used ever. Not bragging but the guy wanted 900.00 and he settled on 2 not used shotguns and $250.00!! I was very happy since i didnt use the shotguns. A 12g and a .410. Nothing special about them. But what a pretty saw. A few pictures: 20181225_071625.jpg 20181223_161440.jpg 20181223_161424.jpg

Thanks ed, its very clean. It may be a shelf queen. Not decided yet. I have one shelf queen the rest are used and used more. The other is a very clean DE80. Its in my mancave. It might gain a neighbor. These ol mccullochs are just darn nice saws. Im impressed with them.
Did anyone here win the sp105 on ebay? Good for you if ya did. It ended a couple hours ago.

How much did the SP105 go for?
I bought an Eager Beaver 2014 for a parts saw today for $20,but it's too nice of a saw to use for parts.It needs a new primer bulb,new primer lines,possible carb rebuild,& a chain brake.I found a chain brake on Feebay for $17 & tomorrow I'm going back to the saw shop where I bought it to get the primer bulb & primer lines.I had it running earlier,but couldn't get it to idle,could be due to the broken primer lines or needing a carb rebuild,or both.The saw had been sitting for so long that the chain was starting to seize in two places - one on the bar tip,the other on the sprocket.I took the brake cover off & found so much crud in it that I'm surprised the chain even went around.I've gotta see about getting the oiler working too.
Ed

Speaking of projects, a few pages back pogo mentioned a pm800 he had found for $900.00!! I also had seen that on facebook. Well, after several messages ans negotiation i scored a beautiful pm800. Id say it was barely used ever. Not bragging but the guy wanted 900.00 and he settled on 2 not used shotguns and $250.00!! I was very happy since i didnt use the shotguns. A 12g and a .410. Nothing special about them. But what a pretty saw. A few pictures: View attachment 693122 View attachment 693124 View attachment 693125

Nice score Vinny ya gota run it a couple times at least

No i was not bidding. Just watching to see how high it would go. I mentioned it here just for others to look at. They dont come up often. Plus i have one. Really nice saws. Cuts great with 1/2" pitch chain on it. Bob johnson actually tracked down a rim sprocket in that pitch for me. Its fun with a 20" bar and 1/2" pitch chain. Especially noodling a log. Big chips. Lol

Thanks ed, its very clean. It may be a shelf queen. Not decided yet. I have one shelf queen the rest are used and used more. The other is a very clean DE80. Its in my mancave. It might gain a neighbor. These ol mccullochs are just darn nice saws. Im impressed with them.
Did anyone here win the sp105 on ebay? Good for you if ya did. It ended a couple hours ago.

Tough call - too pretty to run, too tempting not to. I have a sharp DE80. Brian and I played with it once, but for now it sits in the rack.

Congrats on the swap.

Ron

Yeah,a SP105 is probably too much saw for me anyway.Lol My back isn't what it used to be,especially after two surgeries on it.I've got a Homey XP-1000 that I'm contemplating working on again.It needed a new cylinder,I bought a nice used one about a month ago & I don't know if I should get a new piston,or reuse the old one.Then I bought another XP-1000 last summer,it has a good piston,don't know about the rings though.That's a 100 cc saw,& that might be a bit much for me.I started on the Mac 380 today.I got the recoil off & the flywheel nut off.I couldn't get the flywheel off though by tapping with a hammer.I guess I'll have to get some bolts for the puller.I'll clean up & gap the points & test the condenser to make sure it's good.Then comes the flatback.Lol
Ed

Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't start a saw today. The PO sliced up my Holiday Snack over the holidays so instead of cutting, Blind Squirrel Falling was a hauling. Some lengths were too heavy for my little tractor and front end ballast (i.e. Brian). Brian use his 125 to halve one and even then it was a struggle. His son had a drone in the air so maybe Brian has some pictures.

It is so wet and muddy, I had a hard time getting my empty trailer through the field and then it took several attempts to get the tractor loaded - 4wd and differential locked before it finally made on to the trailer. Fortunately at the job site, the PO showed up with a little re-enforcement. Though I had plenty of room, we thought it best to limit the haul to a few pieces at a time.

Ron

130 HP of re-enforcement working on the third load.
IMG_3995.JPG

Second load.
IMG_3996.JPG IMG_3998.JPG

Speaking of projects, a few pages back pogo mentioned a pm800 he had found for $900.00!! I also had seen that on facebook. Well, after several messages ans negotiation i scored a beautiful pm800.

I can almost smell the "new" from here. LOL Glad you were able to snag it without having to mortgage the farm. Pretty ballsy asking price, but for a pair of spare shotguns and couple o' bucks instead, it seems like ya did just fine. BTW, there's a bare bones 101AA kart engine up there now for $800 if anyone has any interest. Yikes.

Here's my PM800. I ran it quite a bit this past fall. If I told ya what I paid for it I'd hafta kill ya. Also came with a PM700 tossed in for good measure. Only thing wrong with it is a broken oiler button and it was tuned horribly rich when I got it. Starts right up and runs and cuts beautifully now with a 3/8's 24" 7 pin setup. I'm pretty proud of this one.

1-DSC04394.JPG

1-DSC04393.JPG

1-DSC04395.JPG

1-0331142025.jpg

I can almost smell the "new" from here. LOL Glad you were able to snag it without having to mortgage the farm. Pretty ballsy asking price, but for a pair of spare shotguns and couple o' bucks instead, it seems like ya did just fine. BTW, there's a bare bones 101AA kart engine up there now for $800 if anyone has any interest. Yikes.

Here's my PM800. I ran it quite a bit this past fall. If I told ya what I paid for it I'd hafta kill ya. Also came with a PM700 tossed in for good measure. Only thing wrong with it is a broken oiler button and it was tuned horribly rich when I got it. Starts right up and runs and cuts beautifully now with a 3/8's 24" 7 pin setup. I'm pretty proud of this one.

Nice saw. PM with your address and we can take care of that button. I bought a few spares after I broke one. Something tells me the green plastic is not as tough as the old black ones. Ron

Latest posts

Back