McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I've been absent from saws for a little bit but I took a mental health day from work and it turned out to be a very productive saw day.
I started by finishing up on a Husky 55 for my arborist buddy, quite a little screamer of a saw. I actually got the 1-86 to run on it own with the chinese clone carb, just need to get a bar and chain to try it in some wood and tune it. I also got the 1-52 all put back together and tuned. It runs like a top, very happy with it. Thanks again @mogulmasher.
1aa9ecc46cf0e107a6ab8cabe87f3c92.jpg
52dba0a30fae8dbc692ea0fcb0d19143.jpg

Hi guys, I've been absent from saws for a little bit but I took a mental health day from work and it turned out to be a very productive saw day.
I started by finishing up on a Husky 55 for my arborist buddy, quite a little screamer of a saw. I actually got the 1-86 to run on it own with the chinese clone carb, just need to get a bar and chain to try it in some wood and tune it. I also got the 1-52 all put back together and tuned. It runs like a top, very happy with it. Thanks again @mogulmasher.
1aa9ecc46cf0e107a6ab8cabe87f3c92.jpg
52dba0a30fae8dbc692ea0fcb0d19143.jpg

Good to see you around again mate hows the cold at your place? Is that the 1-52 in the photos? My mates got a 250 I'm trying to wrangle, those front tank style saws are cool looking beasts.

Good to see you around again mate hows the cold at your place? Is that the 1-52 in the photos? My mates got a 250 I'm trying to wrangle, those front tank style saws are cool looking beasts.
That is the 1-52 I the photos. I love the old front tank saws and luckily they still dont seem too desirable so the prices arent out of control too bad yet.
The weather is all over the place here, had -2 farenheit the first of last week and then 55 F today. Supposed to hit 60 F tomorrow!!

What's the pick of the bunch? I see the super250 is talked highly of. Don't see many around here sadly

So that's deathly cold to T shirt weather in a few days jeeze you fellas are getting it rough up there.
For me it would be the super 550. 103cc. Have so far been unable to find one.

What’s up guys? I am always lurking around but I don’t pop in and say hello as much as I should. I’m a longtime member that used and abused this forum. I used all the information and built my collection of runners and then didn’t show back up for a while. I still use my saws for firewood for my two fireplaces at home and the rest of the family. I thought I would post a few pictures as I am getting ready to go to a local house construction site to claim the timber they cut for making room for the house they are going to build. I have already been there several times and claimed two trailer loads of logs and now I am going back for a third. I’ve brought back 5 12’ logs of 20” diameter each load. I have been bringing them back full length and turning them into lumber using the sawmill and sometimes the Alaskan mill powered by 82cc PM 850.

I was just thinking that here I go packing up probably my favorite chainsaw which is my first 82cc purchase which was only $90. These saws kick ass and always show up to work.

4cc6349f96c672b5a745215ac0604508.jpg

ef8d126378701930e9ed3516540ef139.jpg

d24e279dcdde5abdcf1f6ad6e1ac2cec.jpg

I keep a rotation of about 12 of these 82cc chainsaws so they always get their exercise. It’s nice having one common chainsaw so all of my spare parts are common.

Cheers y’all. Keep this MAC forum going, it’s great.

Joey

By the way, to this day I still do not own a modern chainsaw. Every chainsaw in my family is McCulloch except for my father-in-law‘s Homelite XL 12.

But with current pricing that yellow saws are bringing these days, it’s not beneficial to buy the old ones anymore.

Heck, I’m probably sitting on a gold mine. I wish I still had my super pro 125 and super pro 105 to sell.

Back