McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried to different plugs, same results. The piston skirts are also different, they won't cover the intake port if they're backwards

Mark
Sounds like a worn piston is possible, intake side skirt clearance excessive. You have fixed / ruled out the air leaks and bad carb etc. Compression is not great. I had a Danarm which gave me a similar chase. I think you will be opening this one up.

Roland.

Mark, I believe the piston to be in correctly. I had it totally torn down twice due to the leaking crank case parting line.
What about a slightly bent connecting rod? If you remember, I changed the piston due to a small chunk missing from the crown of the original piston like it made contact with something.
I appreciate your efforts and am slightly relieved that I didnt overlook something stupid.

Pictures of the original piston.
5cfb45d32c48db41ebf995da21727a80.jpg
1908fe71bcc30c23b6bd3a34aab5018e.jpg

I do not know. The saw came to me like that and I never ran it prior to complete tear down and rebuild. I did not find anything amiss to indicate what may have been the cause.

I just got a Mac 15 that's just like that I assume someone tried to use a screwdriver as a piston stop just wondering if it could have been something else

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Should I swap this muffler out for a later model?

I'd leave it, myself. Maybe open it up a hair as suggested. Different mufflers among the 10-10's tend to lend a certain degree of distinction to each one if you happen to end up with a few of em (like some of us have..., or will). LOL

Don't all the 10-10s have the auto Oiler

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back