McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name this MAC.

I think it was spray painted all black at some point. Did not come with a air filter cover and no metal tag. Has a decomp. I picked it up for nearly nothing and it runs. Decent compression.

7D7844D1-AFE6-4E96-AE51-7FD077A2B7AD.jpeg 7C281895-FE5E-42F5-8569-8ED73CDBB930.jpeg D6F641E9-9DA4-4E6A-9DCA-C7873B18AAF1.jpeg

My guess is a 7-10.

When you strip the old girl down for cleaning pull the muffler and get the carbon out of the port and while there measure the bore. Probably a 7-10 but could be a pm60 or 55 or 1 of those funny models I always forget about. A close up of the cylinder fins would help.

Good score though cool :) love my 7-10s20190519_153440.jpg

I actually picked this up for a buddy. I've got too many porting & rebuild projects on the bench currently to fiddle with an old beat up mac. Pretty much forced him to get this mac. figured the bar and full wrap was worth the $35 he paid. Has a 24" roller nose bar in decent shape.

I actually picked this up for a buddy. I've got too many porting & rebuild projects on the bench currently to fiddle with an old beat up mac. Pretty much forced him to get this mac. figured the bar and full wrap was worth the $35 he paid. Has a 24" roller nose bar in decent shape.

Your a good friend.

Hey Jethro, not sure if you have any parts ipl for the McCulloch 7-10A but based on the pics I put up which you said I had the later model piston would you know if the piston rings I need is part 89732?

Hey Jethro, not sure if you have any parts ipl for the McCulloch 7-10A but based on the pics I put up which you said I had the later model piston would you know if the piston rings I need is part 89732?

Hey I'm just the boy around here got no idea really. Broom sweeper still lol. There's two types of rings thick and thin

I'm new to these things and saws as a hobby a little over a year now but did my best to search and soak up information not just the saws but the company history too.
I have "ADHD" and it allows me to hyper focus on things and mac saws are 1 of them I'll hunt for hours to find info and its amazing what ya dig up in old threads and also helps get to know the other CAD anonymous people that you will soon be with a bench full of yellow saws

Excellent, thanks mate.

I took your advice (or the general nature of your advice) and rather than try to replace every available part at significant cost I just ordered piston rings so that it will at least run okay. Also, if I am going to play around with 60's /70's era saws I am going to have to get used to the fact that most will never be able to be brought back to 100% internal condition. It's also a skill to learn to be able to recondition old parts / work out creative ways to replace them rather than just gut it and throw stuff away and replace.

The trick for me is to find old aesthetically pleasing saws that are not highly sought after / command big bucks.

Excellent, thanks mate.

I took your advice (or the general nature of your advice) and rather than try to replace every available part at significant cost I just ordered piston rings so that it will at least run okay. Also, if I am going to play around with 60's /70's era saws I am going to have to get used to the fact that most will never be able to be brought back to 100% internal condition. It's also a skill to learn to be able to recondition old parts / work out creative ways to replace them rather than just gut it and throw stuff away and replace.

The trick for me is to find old aesthetically pleasing saws that are not highly sought after / command big bucks.

Homelite in the USA would be a good saw seem to find mint ones often.

Excellent, thanks mate.

Yeah good job it will still run like new anyway

Latest posts

Back