McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a NOS, unpainted, still in brown paper and cosmoline, mac 82cc oil tank from a sp81. Yessir if you want to fix it, it can be fixed! Ill help you out if you want. Let me know. Youll need the bar plates and clutch and drum too. And clutch cover. Clutch nut as well. I dont have all that but i got the oil tank covered..lol

Wow that 800 was pristine before whatever happened to the oil tank...and not everyone knows how to properly compression check a q port...may be better than 140....but you really got to wonder how it got broken like that. Thats a big roll of the dice. Best of luck to whoever gets it. It would be nice to save a fine saw like that.

Ive got a NOS, unpainted, still in brown paper and cosmoline, mac 82cc oil tank from a sp81. Yessir if you want to fix it, it can be fixed! Ill help you out if you want. Let me know. Youll need the bar plates and clutch and drum too. And clutch cover. Clutch nut as well. I dont have all that but i got the oil tank covered..lol
Right on. Let’s see how the auction goes.

Ill find out for sure when i measure the cylinder bore. Maybe early next week.
Since im on here....i found this 3weeks ago on ebay from Australia. Took 20 days to shw up. Its very cool. Ill be filling it next week also. Ive been told they were only sold in australia, but cannot confirm that. Looks like a gallon with about a quart bar oil tank. 20191230_155108.jpg 20191230_155127.jpg

Ill find out for sure when i measure the cylinder bore. Maybe early next week.
Since im on here....i found this 3weeks ago on ebay from Australia. Took 20 days to shw up. Its very cool. Ill be filling it next week also. Ive been told they were only sold in australia, but cannot confirm that. Looks like a gallon with about a quart bar oil tank. View attachment 784020 View attachment 784021

That is very very cool man I can't believe you shipped it over

Just seen a handful of 'em for sale in 20+ yrs being round this stuff.Damn near pulled the trigger on it,had some other things that needed attention money wise at the time.Since I retired last summer I've cut way down in the purchasing department,something's really gotta catch my eye before I make the plunge now so to speak.

I fired up the 1-60 I found in Pennsylvania over Christmas, it's got the original bar and chain in 1/2 drive the chain is stamped 580 on the drive links. It runs half decent but I need to go through the carb. The bar must have alittle rail height issue because it cuts crooked as hell, but man it throws chips!
I think the air cleaner cover must be an early replacement because there is no markings on it. 20191229_203953.jpg

It had a neat factor i couldnt pass on. Same seller has another listed if anyone is interested. Its got red caps.

It certainly is pretty cool. Have you got many other little goodies? I've got bar sleeves and IPLs and a you n your chainsaw book by McCulloch that's about it. Made my own Mac hard hat lol a fuel can would be really cool and glad you're going to use it too

It certainly is pretty cool. Have you got many other little goodies? I've got bar sleeves and IPLs and a you n your chainsaw book by McCulloch that's about it. Made my own Mac hard hat lol a fuel can would be really cool and glad you're going to use it too
Not many. This fuel can, an old sign and a technical service library is it. A few parts in a box for a 110 mini. Thats bout it.

Back