McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought one of my 7-10 saws from that same eBay seller. Took over a week just to ship the saw then another 10 days before it arrived. There were a few other saws that looked like a 6-10 or 7-10 but after my initial experience with that seller I declined to pursue that any further. I hope your transaction goes better than mine.
We will see I guess. Ebay did say estimated delivery between the 13th and the 27th so I'm ok with it taking a while.

I ended up with it after all. I counter offered a whopping $5 over my initial offer and they accepted it. Let's just say I got it for less than half of their asking price. I feel like I did ok.
Cool , cant wait to find oit what you scored. I hope it's a big one for you ,if not I still cut a hell of alot wood with the 54ccs.

Have another seal question I removed the small seal no problems but when removing the larger
seal can I just pop if off or do I need to pull the bearing first. Another question I decided to go the
aftermarket electronic route and not even put the points system back in just assuming I can leave them off.
The saw is completely dissasembled
Thanks

Have another seal question I removed the small seal no problems but when removing the larger
seal can I just pop if off or do I need to pull the bearing first. Another question I decided to go the
aftermarket electronic route and not even put the points system back in just assuming I can leave them off.
The saw is completely dissasembled
Thanks
Seal should pop out. I used an old screwdriver, had to grind a bit on it but it worked. I have a ignition module on my pro 10-10A and so far so good. I just removed the points altogether.

Off subject from my 10 series saws but was thinking about some of my other saws, got this D30 a couple years ago
its missing a screen. Have another D30 parts saw that has been converted but doesn't
have the parts I need. Just wondering what parts might work. Both saws are marked D30 on bottom. Thanks Kevin
Edited my post said wrong AF might still be but fits better when it not on backwards

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
  • d30.jpg
    d30.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
That 7-10 has done some work now, looks tough.
So i got my sp70 yesterday, it was locked up. Engine is totally junk. But, i have contacted bob johnson and he is gathering all the parts for me. He had a nos cylinder and piston for it, all new bearings and seals. Full gasket set, and a few missing starter screws (long ones). So this saw will live to cut again in a few weeks. The only thing i need is a sp70 or sp60, rear engine shroud. The one on it is all sorts of cut up. Its more missing than there. If anyone has one id sure appreciate the help on it. #85747A. I did find one on ebay but the asking price is $76.00 !! The engine was that much. So im gonna wait on that to see if i can find one.

That 7-10 has done some work now, looks tough.
So i got my sp70 yesterday, it was locked up. Engine is totally junk. But, i have contacted bob johnson and he is gathering all the parts for me. He had a nos cylinder and piston for it, all new bearings and seals. Full gasket set, and a few missing starter screws (long ones). So this saw will live to cut again in a few weeks. The only thing i need is a sp70 or sp60, rear engine shroud. The one on it is all sorts of cut up. Its more missing than there. If anyone has one id sure appreciate the help on it. #85747A. I did find one on ebay but the asking price is $76.00 !! The engine was that much. So im gonna wait on that to see if i can find one.

That's going to be a dam fine saw

Do any on you gentlemen have a tried and true method to reglue these tin badges on the old large frame saws? I have a couple that are starting to lift and I'd like to get them glued back down before I lose them.
I intend to remove them and clean the old adhesive residue off. But I'm not sure what to clean them with that wont damage the emblem or what to glue them.back down with. I am thinking some kind of adhesive as opposed to and epoxy if that makes any sense.
6846a3b24160b1b935eac6443441cb7e.jpg
72d371f9097e47cec89518d328b98951.jpg

Latest posts

Back