McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel sick. I asked the guy that had the 8200 if he had the bottom brace laying around and he responded that he threw it and the full wrap attached to it into the dump last week along with a bunch of Eager Beavers. No, I'm not joking.

Picked up an interesting saw today.
3-25 two button.
Seems complete except for fuel lines.
I think in the end Mcculloch gave up on the second button and went with a Petcock instead, which this has.
Additional info welcome and appreciated.

537CB44B-A519-478F-A12F-C9F497060393.jpeg 28EBA670-1E10-4FBB-8CF4-0824D832E798.jpeg

Picked up an interesting saw today.
3-25 two button.
Seems complete except for fuel lines.
I think in the end Mcculloch gave up on the second button and went with a Petcock instead, which this has.
Additional info welcome and appreciated.

View attachment 913301 View attachment 913302
You are missing a chrome "grille" over the flywheel. A buddy has one that his father-in-law won as a prize at a forestry meeting because he had memorized the current (1951) logging safety manual. It was too much saw for the tree farm it lived at so it is relatively unused, and it still has all the original manuals. He won't get rid of it, sadly.

Will a PM555 recoil work on a SP60? My SP60 recoil is actually off of a 8200 and chainsawr has a PM555 recoil assy in stock, and while it looks like they would interchange I wanna check with you guys first.

Will a PM555 recoil work on a SP60? My SP60 recoil is actually off of a 8200 and chainsawr has a PM555 recoil assy in stock, and while it looks like they would interchange I wanna check with you guys first.
Never mind, I pulled the recoil off of mine and noticed it utilizes most of the mounting positions, so I'm guessing it's actually correct.

Dan - Most LH start housings will work except for the PM805 and later. The SP models have an extra hole or two but you can add them easily enough. 600002 is a 10-10A and can be made to work.

Rob - the "grill" in the 3-25 is attached to the flywheel and rotates, you have to be careful if you rest the saw against your leg as the rotating grill will rub a hole in your chaps or your jeans. Although I am running Hoss's big Homelite in this photo, the hole in the left leg of my chaps came from the cheese grater on Hoss's McCulloch 73.

PICT0085.JPG

The culprit.

3-25 2.jpg

Mark

Dan - Most LH start housings will work except for the PM805 and later. The SP models have an extra hole or two but you can add them easily enough. 600002 is a 10-10A and can be made to work.

Rob - the "grill" in the 3-25 is attached to the flywheel and rotates, you have to be careful if you rest the saw against your leg as the rotating grill will rub a hole in your chaps or your jeans. Although I am running Hoss's big Homelite in this photo, the hole in the left leg of my chaps came from the cheese grater on Hoss's McCulloch 73.

View attachment 913361

The culprit.

View attachment 913363

Mark
I have your saws direct drive twin 995D!
f5552c68b3c3de023d60fd613e0bed33.jpg

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

I've just about lost it with the DE80.I put the new recoil spring in today & it works great till I put the recoil on the saw.When I begin to tighten the screwes (it doesn't matter which ones,there are 3 long & 4 short torx head) the recoil binds up & the rope won't retract.I've gone through the entire recoil - pawls,springs,pulley,etc.,& it doesn't matter what I do.I've come to the conclusion that the shaft in the recoil is bent.

Latest posts

Back