McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least your only concern with that bar will be gauge and drive link count..., and possibly the guide plates if you don't have them.

Looks to be in pretty decent shape otherwise.

It’s .058 gauge and the saw did come with two bar plates. As I recall they looked pretty much standard 10 series, but will confirm and check how they line up with holes in the bar.

Here she is, much better fit than that tiny thing that was on there lol.
Sprocket is a bit worn, need to keep my eyes open for one.
The chain is still factory sharp Oregon and never been filed. I am still having a problem with the primer however. I replaced the umbrella on it with NOS but it still.doeant want to fill with fuel u less I unscrew the packing but and pull the piston out until it starts dribbling fuel then put it all back together and it will work.
07d439161b9a74fa328637cc24886e6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

point on nail will expand/tighten pin
grind/file tip flat
+ lube, as mentioned
Absolutely, and I got the pins all out. Did end up finding a punch that worked. But the pins were SO tight even after a lot of WD40 (Kure around here) that the pliers I used smashed the end of the pin a bit. Will see how they get back in later on...once the thing has been painted.

Cheers from scorching and dry summer in Japan.

Absolutely, and I got the pins all out. Did end up finding a punch that worked. But the pins were SO tight even after a lot of WD40 (Kure around here) that the pliers I used smashed the end of the pin a bit. Will see how they get back in later on...once the thing has been painted.

Cheers from scorching and dry summer in Japan.
Hopefully you can see some Olympics.

Here she is, much better fit than that tiny thing that was on there lol.
Sprocket is a bit worn, need to keep my eyes open for one.
The chain is still factory sharp Oregon and never been filed. I am still having a problem with the primer however. I replaced the umbrella on it with NOS but it still.doeant want to fill with fuel u less I unscrew the packing but and pull the piston out until it starts dribbling fuel then put it all back together and it will work.
07d439161b9a74fa328637cc24886e6a.jpg

I found and ordered an NOS sprocket, when I got this one off it was far worse than I through...... the teeth where nearly cut through, had to run the chain loose to keep things meshing ok lol.
Does anyone have any advice on the primer? If I back the packing nut off and pull the plunger out it will fill with fuel and prime but it won't do anything if I just pump it. I replaced the umbrella with NOS.

Hello Mac folks! I have a 10-10 on my bench. Been sitting for a looong time based on the look and smell of the rancid fuel in the tank. Pulled the carburetor for cleaning. I Don’t work on many of these saws.
Now that I have it apart I see that the SDC has what appears to be two pump side diaphragm. Does it need two?
Is there a particular one that needs to rest on the carburetor body?

Here is the way it was assembled. Look correct?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

3DC33D10-A724-4900-B8DC-9744D3248BA0.jpeg

9008A638-D675-4816-B5AD-F0FE488425C8.jpeg

Looks like a typical SDC 37..., but cleaner. LOL The question of the diaphragms comes up often and was just recently discussed somewhere, maybe here?

e Replacement is actually a very good resource for SDC model specific info. They only highlight the relevant numbers for the particular model from the master SDC IPL.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/walbro-sdc371-carburetor-parts-c-139716_142751_140496.html
Yep, yours truly was the guy who needed help. Long story short if it has two pump diaphragms in it needs two pump diaphragms in it. If it only has one diaphragm it only needs one diaphragm. It looks like everything is in the correct order, just get a new kit and assemble it the exact same way you took it out.

I found and ordered an NOS sprocket, when I got this one off it was far worse than I through...... the teeth where nearly cut through, had to run the chain loose to keep things meshing ok lol.
Does anyone have any advice on the primer? If I back the packing nut off and pull the plunger out it will fill with fuel and prime but it won't do anything if I just pump it. I replaced the umbrella with NOS.

Kevin,if I'm not mistaken there are O rings in the primer & it could be possible that those O rings are wornout.It should work on the same principle as the manual oiler on a Homie XL-12 or SXL manual oiler,only in reverse.When you refer to the "umbrella" I don't know which part that is.I'll look back at the previous page to see the pic.

Trevor,the SDC37A is probably one of the best carbs (IMO) that Walbro made & most versatile carbs used on Mac saws.They were used on the 54cc 10-10 saws & I have one on my 82cc SP81.Once you get that 10-10 running you'll see how snappy it is compared to an SDC2 or SDC3 that Mac put on the 10-10 too.

Trevor,the SDC37A is probably one of the best carbs (IMO) that Walbro made & most versatile carbs used on Mac saws.They were used on the 54cc 10-10 saws & I have one on my 82cc SP81.Once you get that 10-10 running you'll see how snappy it is compared to an SDC2 or SDC3 that Mac put on the 10-10 too.
I got the saw to fire and idle(not well). Falls on its face when you throttle up and dies. Going to have to open it up again and look under the hi speed plug. Possibly the atomizer screen is plugged with some of the goo that was in the fuel system.

I got the saw to fire and idle(not well). Falls on its face when you throttle up and dies. Going to have to open it up again and look under the hi speed plug. Possibly the atomizer screen is plugged with some of the goo that was in the fuel system.
Rather than pull your carb,try turning the lop screw out 1/4 - 1/2 turn & see if that works first.You might just have a gummed up needle,or some microscopic dirt on the needle .

Busy week, hard to catch up here. No 7-10 action shots yet as I am waiting on my daughter to send them to me but the oak stem is now in my firewood pile. It was a bit of a challenge to get the aerial lift positioned in her back yard so we could get the birch tree out without damaging their new metal clad roof.

20210723_085550.jpg

20210723_095137.jpg

My son-in-law wanted to keep the stub end of the birch that had sprouted a couple of branches, they now have a palmbirch in their back yard.

20210724_131416.jpg

20210724_131441.jpg

The oak stem before and after...we removed the shed late last year.

20200814_094215.jpg

After the 7-10...

20210724_131450.jpg

Mark

Back