McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately that's one part I don't think I'm going to have. I'll check it this weekend but I think the crank, rod, and piston were robbed from the carcass by the previous owner and cylinder has damage.
Would you part with the rest of the saw?

While waiting for my lasagna to bake today I pulled the manual oiler off the PM6 parts saw.I then proceeded to try to get the oil pick up line out of the tank.I'd like to know how,if it's even possible,to replace that oil line out to put a new line in if need be?I'm having the same symptoms on the newly found PM6 as I had on my PM55.I'll get a good squirt of fluid out at the bar pad & then it stops.On the PM55 the oil screen was completely plugged,so I'm wondering if I have the same problem with the PM6.I'll take a look either later or tomorrow,if I can get the oil line out of that tank.

Can someone Help me on some info. I have another early rhp 10-10. The ONLY numbers on it are stamped into the block. 108435 and just below that a sideways V. The air filter doesn't fit the cover it sticks out on both sides and the tank I think was changed.

Im wondering if I can find a piston, for my 1-70? Im sure the saw will have to have the bore straightened out.
This guy on ebay has a few .020 oversize pistons. The price doesn't seem too bad to me. I've gotten kart parts from him before. Easy to deal with.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-NO...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
I may have a good used piston from an S44A that will fit your 1-70. I'll have a look in the bin tomorrow and let ya know

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Im wondering if I can find a piston, for my 1-70? Im sure the saw will have to have the bore straightened out.
This guy on ebay has a few .020 oversize pistons. The price doesn't seem too bad to me. I've gotten kart parts from him before. Easy to deal with.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-NO...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
I may have a good used piston from an S44A that will fit your 1-70. I'll have a look in the bin tomorrow and let ya know

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I have an S-55 carcass as well, I'll check that and see what kind of engine parts it has.

I get to thinking about things & I get antsy.I managed to get the oil line out of the tank & to my dismay the screen was clean as a whistle.I popped the flywheel off & found the 2 screws that held the pump body on to be loose.I tightened them & tried the oiler & it still didn't work.So now it was time to pull the oil pump off & see what was going on.The plunger & cap stayed on the push rod,spring too.I was left with a bare pump body in my hand.The gasket/diaphragm was stiff as a board.I managed to get the parts off the pump rod & put it back together after a good cleaning.I had it in my hand & the cap popped off & the cap,plunger,& spring went flying.I heard one of the parts,I suspect it was the plunger,hit my kitchen door.I managed to find the spring & the cap,but not the plunger yet.I've got the other diaphragm/gasket in place with the disc in there & the pump body on from the other saw,but can't get the plunger rod to go into the cap & the plunger.Anyone know of any tricks for this?

I get to thinking about things & I get antsy.I managed to get the oil line out of the tank & to my dismay the screen was clean as a whistle.I popped the flywheel off & found the 2 screws that held the pump body on to be loose.I tightened them & tried the oiler & it still didn't work.So now it was time to pull the oil pump off & see what was going on.The plunger & cap stayed on the push rod,spring too.I was left with a bare pump body in my hand.The gasket/diaphragm was stiff as a board.I managed to get the parts off the pump rod & put it back together after a good cleaning.I had it in my hand & the cap popped off & the cap,plunger,& spring went flying.I heard one of the parts,I suspect it was the plunger,hit my kitchen door.I managed to find the spring & the cap,but not the plunger yet.I've got the other diaphragm/gasket in place with the disc in there & the pump body on from the other saw,but can't get the plunger rod to go into the cap & the plunger.Anyone know of any tricks for this?
If your plunger happens to multiply, I could use one too! Working on a frankenmac and the rod and spring are there but no plunger.

If your plunger happens to multiply, I could use one too! Working on a frankenmac and the rod and spring are there but no plunger.
Bob,you can buy all the individual parts for the manual oiler from Bob Johnson.So far I've bought the disk & the cap.I know O-rings are available too.I've noticed that the oil pump innards are pretty much the same in the PM6 & the 10 series saws,I'm sure there are others too.

Bob,you can buy all the individual parts for the manual oiler from Bob Johnson.So far I've bought the disk & the cap.I know O-rings are available too.I've noticed that the oil pump innards are pretty much the same in the PM6 & the 10 series saws,I'm sure there are others too.
Will see if I can find him. Need 3 parts right now.

This just popped up near me for $120. Can anybody identify it? It looks a lot like the monster 797 to my untrained eyes.
Edit: To clarify, I haven't bought this yet. Trying to determine if I should :laugh:
View attachment 947710
View attachment 947711
No DSP valve so it's not a 797 or 795. It has an early cupped starter cover and I don't see an auto oiler on it so I'd say pre 790. Turn it over and take picture of the numbers on the block. That should answer it.

Find someone tossing a mini mac same parts

Latest posts

Back