McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,with my son's help & some fine,choice cuss words I finally got the oiler in place & screwed down tight.It's oiling now the way it should.Next on the agenda is to get the carb & coil back on & the flywheel.

Got ahold of him today. Think he has most of what I will need. Thanks again.
I'm kinda surprised you got a hold of Bob,usually Mondays are his busiest day.Whenever I try to call him on a Mon.I usually just get a busy signal.Once you get to know him he's a great guy to talk to,he has many interesting stories.

I'm working on a plan to eliminate the dreaded unobtainable PM6 fuel line.I've got it worked out in my head & I started on it last night.It'll be very cost efficient.It's really so simple I'm surprised that someone hasn't already thought of it (maybe someone already has).I'll keep you all posted.

Ed - someone posted a long while back about using a Stihl grommet of some sort, I am not sure what/how they made the connection with the fuel inlet. I suppose in a pinch you could change the fuel pump cover with a Mini Mac and have a regular nipple to attach a fuel line to the carburetor, but then you have to figure out how to route/tuck it in the when the flywheel cover/fuel tank are installed or pull it all back into the tank.

Mark

Ed - someone posted a long while back about using a Stihl grommet of some sort, I am not sure what/how they made the connection with the fuel inlet. I suppose in a pinch you could change the fuel pump cover with a Mini Mac and have a regular nipple to attach a fuel line to the carburetor, but then you have to figure out how to route/tuck it in the when the flywheel cover/fuel tank are installed or pull it all back into the tank.

Mark
Yep,someone has thought of it already.That's exactly what I was going to do,only I was going to use a Homelite 68046 grommet (it fits perfectly) & use a pump cover from a mini Mac carb with the nipple on it.Only difference with the line was I was going to use a Tygon line,& yes pull it back in the tank as the recoil goes on the saw.I think it beats that half fast set up that's on the carb to begin with.I'll work on it tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

I'm kinda surprised you got a hold of Bob,usually Mondays are his busiest day.Whenever I try to call him on a Mon.I usually just get a busy signal.Once you get to know him he's a great guy to talk to,he has many interesting stories.
We had a good chat. Most guys with his first name are pretty awesome I hear!!!! Modest too!!! Lol

Anyone else see something different about these two bolts from a right hand start 5-10 flywheel cover ?
I might be in for a ride on this one when I get to it! Just looking for parts to rob tonight but I may tackle it some day.

Attachments

• 68D45CDC-859A-4500-A3C4-BB35FB444996.png
    68D45CDC-859A-4500-A3C4-BB35FB444996.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back