McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The middle is the 850. The other 2 are 800, 805 saws. The starter covers are 800 also except the right one. Very nice indeed. Ida lost sleep too.
I'll look at the model numbers today Vinny.
Over half of the many saws there didn't have starter covers on them.
I just picked up what would fit these three and made sure I had enough covers, so I could make a working starter for each of the three saws.
Clint

The middle is the 850. The other 2 are 800, 805 saws. The starter covers are 800 also except the right one. Very nice indeed. Ida lost sleep too.
Two of them is 600439D.
The tag is gone from the middle one.
I got the one on the left running, but it has bad carb issues.

I'll look at the model numbers today Vinny.
Over half of the many saws there didn't have starter covers on them.
I just picked up what would fit these three and made sure I had enough covers, so I could make a working starter for each of the three saws.
Clint
You did good with two new and one old. I probably would have grabbed two old covers and one new and been hurting.

Ron

Is the bar or clutch cup marked .325 or 3/8?

What you guys think?
15 seconds vid.

Wow I'm thinking all new bearings and seals and rings. Nice find Clint I live in Northern VA I wish I could find a good deal on a Mccolloch bigger than 70cc. Man I'm jealous LOL enjoy tinkering with them. I like your videos also

Road trip today, But I didn't come back with anything like Mark did.
My kind of saws. I hardly ever by a running saw. I want to make it run myself.
Anyone can buy a running saw. That's not me.
So, somewhere in this pic is a running cutting PM850.
But, but, but, I left behind probably a short bed pickup full of Macs and Mac parts.
I saw 700's, 10-10's, 555's, 2-10's, 610's and a 1-71. Boxes of yellow parts and more saws I didn't ID.
I was pressed for time, but I'm going back to make an offer on everything.
I won't sleep well tonight.

View attachment 969494
The only thing I'm missing that I would have liked to have is a third coil.
Clint
Nice grab!!

Wow I'm thinking all new bearings and seals and rings. Nice find Clint I live in Northern VA I wish I could find a good deal on a Mccolloch bigger than 70cc. Man I'm jealous LOL enjoy tinkering with them. I like your videos also
I keep you in mind when I go back to get the rest.
I really don't know what all is there.

Even with the Q-port I think the PM800 I have is right there with my SP81
Didn't you yank the canister muffler on that 800 in favor of an 850 version and re-work the shroud for the necessary airflow to minimize excessive heat build-up?

Back