McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, you did well. If they spring back to the center then thwy are correct. That picture was just a different angle is all. Looks right though on your fw
I tried first with the pawls the direction they are in the IPL and I couldn't get the springs right... then I looked at other pictures.
As a draughtsman things like that irk me.

Syncop8r - that was most likely an inked drawing...by the time it was checked and the error was discovered the document was already published and the specifications supervisor decided no one would know the difference.

I can remember back to the day when our Engineers first bought an electric eraser. Since the first rule of Engineering at that time was "never draw more in the morning than you can erase in the afternoon" the electric eraser allowed them to keep pencil on paper up until 3:30 or so each day. Quite a boost to their productivity.

Now days it only take 2 seconds to "Delete" and "Confirm Delete".

Mark

Oh I understand Clint you don't know me from Adam just wanted to offer. Didn't see too many others offering. Good luck with your saw projects.
Oh there has been many on YT, FB, other forums and here.
I'm Rock Star status now.

I found these today while sorting, the step tap says Time Sert. It looks to me like you run that step tap through the spark plug hole to create a larger tapped hole for the insert, the guide would temporarily install in the enlarged threaded hole and the seat cutter could then recut the seat for the plug, and finally the driver would install the new insert in the prepared hole (or so I guess). The part numbers are McCulloch assigned numbers.

View attachment 968399

I have some spares if anyone would like a set of their own...once I find the additional seat cutters.
20220225_155313.jpg

I did uncover the seat cutters finally so if anyone is interested in a set of these let me know.

Mark

That's one of the reasons I rarely comment or post pics in the various FB chainsaw forums anymore.Usually just my own page occasionally now.

Noticed a couple weeks back that some azzhole scammer used a pic of MINE from 2014-15 that showed a few of my saws & some 2 x 12 shelves along south wall of my shop/former garage - as a description in selling a couple saws THEY had.I wasnt very happy,reported the pic but not much else you can do really.Its really something when a person is too damn lazy to take their own pics,using a stock photo off internet search is one thing but to deliberately STEAL from someone else is another matter entirely & really gets me mad!! I have NO use for thieves or scammers no matter their form or what they're stealing,period. :mad::mad:

Your options are limited. You might be able to find an older starter housing/flywheel cover that has the brass bushing through the starter rather than the later version with the nylon bushings, but other than that you will need to find a source or rob some from another starter. The same bushing was used in the LH start large frame saws like the 250 so you have options for finding used ones.

Mark

Who gets inside my shop is one of those things...
A barking dog outside, a couple security cameras (working or not), and a shotgun in the corner usually gets the attention of anyone who happens to 'just stop by' with less than honorable intentions. My favorite Stihl dealer up my way has a sign behind the counter that says;
"Premises Guarded by Mean Dog and Owner With Shotgun Three Nights a Week. You Guess Which Three."

Is there a substitute for the starter shaft bushings 57535 ?
You may get lucky with split flange bushings for lawn tractor steering linkage. Otherwise you may be able to have a shop fab up some brass ones if robbery from another starter as Mark suggests isn't an option.

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...r57fk7pp89wifrscg8w0ih6xrj_gkvlbocixyqavd_bwe
PM inbound on the Time Sert tools Mark. FWIW, this seems to be a general instruction sheet for using the sets you have.
https://www.timesert.com/html/howtosp.html The only thing that scares me a little is the price of the inserts themselves. Yikes. Maybe I'm missing something there? Ira?

Latest posts

Back