McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out picking raspberries this a.m.& I got a phone call.....from Bob! He sounded very weak,not as "robust" as he used to be.He asked how I was doing,Lol.I told him it was good to hear from him & told him that he gave everyone quite a scare & we were all concerned about him.He said he appreciated everyone's concern.I told him about the C72 (Homie) that I just got going & chatted for about 30 min.about other things.I asked him if he planned on getting back into the shop at all in the future & he said he seriously doubted it.He said he gets winded very easily & I told him it was most likely due to the other artery being blocked.Man it was good to hear from him!

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I may have the chance to pick up a non-running 125 and the ability to pick over a parts carcass in exchange for getting another 125 running using the same parts carcass! :happybanana: And, the guy said he has another Mac that's "a right hand start, gear drive, looks like it shares the same wrap as the 125, and is a 330 or something like that" that I'll probably get first crack at as well.

I need a gasket for the carb on one of my 10 series, is it best to get several of these at a time or buy complete sets with
  • Manual Oil Pump 91669 .062
  • Carb Spacer 84081 .031
  • Auto Oil Pump 92874 .062
  • Fuel Cap 69767 .060 Cork
  • Oil Tank Cover 86306 .062
  • Carburetor Base 86189 .031
  • Fuel Tank Lower 68594 .031
  • Fuel Tank Upper 84082 .031
ie what else will likely need replacing in the future?

One of those 125 saws is a cp125! Very cool. That would be my pic for the keeper. What a truck load of excitement that is. The left sp125 just might have a cast iron liner in it. The cp125 should be iron lined, the right 125 im not sure about. Could be a 125c but investigation needs to take place. Fun times

As long as that's actually his truck!
Not my truck, but the owner has no interest in anything but another running 125. This is my bench tonight, though! I've gotta let him know I'll take the gear drive off his hands as well, but the big 3 are here.
IMG_1084.JPGIMG_1086.JPGIMG_1087.JPGIMG_1091.JPGIMG_1092.JPGIMG_1093.JPGIMG_1094.JPGIMG_1095.JPGIMG_1096.JPG

I don't believe I have seen that hex head pop up compression release before.

Mark
On ebay in two weeks: “Rare McCullugh Vintage Muscle LOgging hot rod chainsaw! Unique factory rare hex head compression release for more power! Starting bid $5000! No reserve!”

On ebay in two weeks: “Rare McCullugh Vintage Muscle LOgging hot rod chainsaw! Unique factory rare hex head compression release for more power! Starting bid $5000! No reserve!”
You forgot to add "Antique" in there, or cart,ported,and muffler mod.

I seen that also. If thats plugged with a bolt and.a healthy engine.....ouch
Idk, I ran a Jacobized 125 and I never had to use the compression release, but pulling it over for more than a dozen times was….. uncomfortable.
You forgot to add "Antique" in there, or cart,ported,and muffler mod.
I knew I was forgetting a few!

Back