McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i got 2 rim drives to test. Today was the day. I used a g70 with 28 inch bar 3/8 pitch chain and 8 tooth rim drive. The rim adapter did not hold up. It broke right at the keyway. Also running full chisel oregon chain. It cut smooth and very fast actually. I tested it on a rather large ash tree. So the other one was hardened less. I used a 24" bar and stihl full chisel chain. Same tree. Also using the 5-10g. That saw runs extremely well! Very happy with it. Anyway, the stihl chain is not near as smooth cutting. It bounced and jumped a lot in the hard ash log. I would have bet money on that one breaking also. However it held up great. All the beating it took and it looked great. It did show a tiny bit of wear but it took a beating as that chain jumped and caught. So im gonna test it again tomorrow with the same tree and te 5-10g and use the 28" bar and chain. Im not expecting any issues. But ill let yuins all know. The less hardened one worked great today though. I suspect ill get a third that isnt hardened at all. To try out. Getting there though!!

North East Tennessee MAC Report
Beautiful day today in North East Tennessee with a low around 37 degrees. We were both running late this morning, but did manage to get a little done.

Again, we mostly gathered and hauled logs. Brian brought his 1010S, 800 and 805.

Brian with his 800 bucking some ash.
IMG_3259.JPG

We got one load out before a good lunch of homemade chicken and wild rice soup with sandwiches and cookies furnished by a group of ladies from a local church. You can see the wood lot is almost empty.
IMG_3255.JPG

At lunch, I was given a present which I passed on to Brian. Block stamped 1-70.
IMG_3256.JPG

We bucked and stacked enough for another load in addition to loading the truck again before heading home. The short logs are from last week's trailer calamity.
IMG_3260.JPG

Sorry if the pictures are too big. My old photo software won't connect with my new iPhone.

Be safe,
Ron

Attachments

• IMG_3258.JPG
    IMG_3258.JPG
    11.4 MB · Views: 0
North East Tennessee MAC Report
Beautiful day today in North East Tennessee with a low around 37 degrees. We were both running late this morning, but did manage to get a little done.

Again, we mostly gathered and hauled logs. Brian brought his 1010S, 800 and 805.

Brian with his 800 bucking some ash.
View attachment 1057080

We got one load out before a good lunch of homemade chicken and wild rice soup with sandwiches and cookies furnished by a group of ladies from a local church. You can see the wood lot is almost empty.
View attachment 1057084

At lunch, I was given a present which I passed on to Brian. Block stamped 1-70.
View attachment 1057083

We bucked and stacked enough for another load in addition to loading the truck again before heading home. The short logs are from last week's trailer calamity.
View attachment 1057079

Sorry if the pictures are too big. My old photo software won't connect with my new iPhone.

Be safe,
Ron
If my kiddos go to the bill rice ranch this year I should stop by and have a cup of Joe with you fellas , that is if you'd have the time.

Just for you guys needing the song of the 82cc Mac.
I'll run her all day. Might drop them rakers a little more yet that's low on the husky gauge but the Mac's like a few extra strokes for good measure:)

Hardly a snack for that bad boy. Can't get enough of the 82cc.
Love a pro mac 700 too.

Latest posts

Back