McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting on the mud dauber special today. ( A 10-10 I picked up that had a mud dauber nest in the combustion chamber)
I'm of course taking it all the way down to rinse the dirt out of the cylinder.
I'm hoping the ol boy pulled the rope once and it stopped due to the nest and then he pitched it assuming it was locked up. It would stink if that piston went up and down in there with all that dirt scarring things up along the way.
I had a stink bug special last summer. I wished I still had the pictures. My neighbor was cleaning out his shed and brought me a PM310 and said you can have it. I started opening it up and by the time I had the saw apart I had a floor full of stink bugs and mud dobbers. Once I got it back together it ran great.

Brian

This may have been answered before, but...

On my Super 2-10 Automatic, I accidently threaded the gas cap on wrong and the brittle plastic threads broke. I looked at it and I don't think repairing it is an option. The cap is the square kind that is plain on the top with no markings.

Do the gas caps on all the other 10-series saws interchange? What model saws can I search for to find a replacement gas cap?
Thanks!

This may have been answered before, but...

On my Super 2-10 Automatic, I accidently threaded the gas cap on wrong and the brittle plastic threads broke. I looked at it and I don't think repairing it is an option. The cap is the square kind that is plain on the top with no markings.

Do the gas caps on all the other 10-series saws interchange? What model saws can I search for to find a replacement gas cap?
Thanks!
Yes other 10 series will swap , plus the Homelite Super xl12 will fit and function.
(The red stop sign one)

Well,I done did it again.I bought 2 more Macs,fairly cheap.A couple of days ago I bought a 3200 for $27 & today I bought a 10-10 Super for $47.50.The 3200 was just a spur of the moment thing that'll most likely drive me insane like all the smaller Mac saws do.The 10-10 Super looks to have potential.I may have to put a different oil tank on it,but I should have an extra one lying around here somewhere.Time will tell on both saws,I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm still organizing a year later, and have about 25% remaining in the attic over on my garage...
Now I don't feel so bad.I bought a truckload of Homie parts from Bob just over 6 months ago & I've barely touched them.I enjoy wrenching on a saw more than going through parts.On the other hand,once I get into the parts I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Now I don't feel so bad.I bought a truckload of Homie parts from Bob just over 6 months ago & I've barely touched them.I enjoy wrenching on a saw more than going through parts.On the other hand,once I get into the parts I'm like a kid in a candy store.
I saw all those... stacked in my way the first trip up lol!

I’ll bring the big boys , if you need backup Lol 😂 View attachment 1063951
Appreciate it but ol faithful made quick work of it! The new one flunked the test drive. Has an obvious air leak somewhere so I shut it down. The one I normally use was a 1 pull start and then I just held on for dear life! That saw is amazing. My son ran it for the first time. It about threw him over the log the first time he punched the throttle. It was scary but funny since he was ok. He said "that's way different than my 023"
Ya think!! Lol

Latest posts

Back