McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you like that tight full wrap handle? I find full wraps on these saws a pain in the backside in general (hooking on the bumper spike nuts on the clutch cover, etc.). I leave them on the big old saws, but for functionality prefer the half wraps.

Speaking of functionality :laugh::

Picked up two more macs today. A pretty rough looking PM 10-10 and a decent 1-46 in a package deal for $65 I couldn't resist. The 1-46 is mostly there and should be a good candidate for a parts saw but its pretty clean and has good comp. The PM10-10 has definitely seen better days and feels a bit low on compression but lots of other good parts left on it so I think it will make its way to the parts saw rack. Also the PM10-10 came with a neat looking bar, probably will get a polish and use it as a looker.IMG_5745.jpgIMG_5746.jpgIMG_5747.jpg

Look for numbers stamped on the bottom of the 1-46. The full wrap handlebar suggests it may be something else.

The bar is a Windsor made 3 rivet sprocket nose, they are nice bars.

Mark
I checked them when I picked up the saw, they are 1-46 1975.
Good to know about the bar, I will have to check the west on it but it looks alright

For those who know, what would a good condition, non-running Pro Mac 570 be worth in decent shape? I have one local that doesn't look too bad and seller claims was running when parked (who knows, I'll have to get a good look). If it has good comp and clean P&C what is one of these worth? Thanks all

The PM570 a PM55 with anti-vibe features and the long clutch cover like the PM555. It may or may not be electronic ignition as they came both ways depending on production dates.

I don't think I've seen many 570's on eBay, but the PM55 and 555 versions (no anti-vibe) have been going between $100 and $150. If the AV mounts are good it should fall in that range, if they mounts need to be replaced you are talking about $75+ for parts these days.

Mark

The PM570 a PM55 with anti-vibe features and the long clutch cover like the PM555. It may or may not be electronic ignition as they came both ways depending on production dates.

I don't think I've seen many 570's on eBay, but the PM55 and 555 versions (no anti-vibe) have been going between $100 and $150. If the AV mounts are good it should fall in that range, if they mounts need to be replaced you are talking about $75+ for parts these days.

Mark
Thanks for the info. The saw has the AV features but I'm not sure about electronic ignition.

When I work on one Mac, it leads to more when I start checking the shelf out and rediscover what I've had for years. I dragged out this a Super 55A and the Super 44. The 797 wasn't on the shelf but didn't take anything to get started.

View attachment 1160991View attachment 1160992View attachment 1160993

I had to come out of forum retirement to say that this is one bad ass rig!!! A S55-A with 2' bar and helper handle, OMG I love it.
I'm also in the similar situation of 'finding' awesome stuff that I've had for years while I'm currently working on a 7-10.

I had to come out of forum retirement to say that this is one bad ass rig!!! A S55-A with 2' bar and helper handle, OMG I love it.
I'm also in the similar situation of 'finding' awesome stuff that I've had for years while I'm currently working on a 7-10.
Doesn't just happen with Macs.

The S55A has the original pintail chain as well. That saw is just how I got it.

Latest posts

Back